• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Anyone still out there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I first joined the battle.net community back in 2008. I used to play custom games on a regular basis, all kinds of stuff, RPs LOAPs, RPGs, TDs, etc. Mostly RPs anyway...
But ever since that plague of the hosting bots spread throughout the custom games list I've been losing hope of finding anyone to play even a simple round of some random map I came across on this workshop. I've given up on hosting, since it seems pointless to try and compete against those dreadful pieces of trashy software.
I even came to join a roleplaying clan on the beginning of last year on US East. It was a large clan, unfortunately it was a short lived experience since it was practically inactive.
I tried Garena as of late. It's great to try out new stuff and to play with actual people, pretty much like it was before the endless rows of spam bots but sadly there are no roleplayers out there. Roleplaying was one the things I enjoyed the most on Warcraft 3 but now I can't seem to find those roleplaying cores that used to exist throughout the different servers of battle.net.
I guess this is a sort of a shout out, so if anyone out there is still roleplaying or organizing these sort of events leave a reply or something, I'd be glad to join any existing community. If there's no replies, well I just guess I'll just have to live with the fact that the roleplaying community is effectively dead, at least I still have Garena to thank for keeping the remnants of Warcraft 3's custom gaming alive...

Reactions: Rui

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Greetings and welcome!

I can't help you much besides pointing to the Hive's Roleplaying forum. Of course you won't be able to actually roleplay there like you do on the WarCraft III game itself, but if you're into text-roleplaying, this is the place!
We'd also appreciate that you redirect any lost roleplayer you find (and even RP clans if they're willing) to us. If there are enough roleplayers, perhaps you (or someone else) could organize a real RP game. I'd love to participate if you did, but I still have to get GArena.

P.S. -- Maybe you're interested in "Public Arranged Games"? No RPs go in there, but it could be the right thread to organize one if the users posting there don't mind.

Level 1
Hey

Thanks for the info. I've checked the roleplay forums as you pointed out, although I've only seen a handful of threads\themes, I'm guessing there ain't a lot of folks up to that around here, plus the whole concept of forum roleplaying is fairly new to me, I'll have look into it further. I'm glad to see there are still some warcraft roleplayers hanging around though.
I was on WKRE till about a year ago but like I said, it was short-lived experience and I barely got to know any of the members as they barely got to know me. I don't really know or remember anybody into roleplaying, that's why I came into this forum, seeing it's still active I was hoping I'd be able to reach out to anyone still roleplaying out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.