• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any way to make corruption (armor penalty) stack?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
As the title says. Is there anyway to make corruption (armor penetration) stack with other items that have corruption (armor penetration) bonuses on them?

Level 6
As the title says. Is there anyway to make corruption (armor penetration) stack with other items that have corruption (armor penetration) bonuses on them?

Yes, by making it triggered base.

First, remove the orb effect(corruption) off of the item.

Make a trigger like:

Events - When a unit is attacked.
Conditions - Attacking unit has <x> item.
Actions -
If / Then / Else multiple functions
If - Level of ability for attacked unit's "Inventory" ability is greater than or equal to 1
Then - Give attacked unit "Modified Scroll of Protection"
Else - Give attacked unit "Inventory ability".
- Give attacked unit "Modified Scroll of Protection"
- Remove "Inventory ability" from the attacked unit.

Notes - "Modified Scroll of protection" should be "auto use when acquired", and give negative armor(not positive) when used to the user only. Also, edit the "Buff" of the "modified scroll of protection", and name the buff to the item with this ability.

BTW, if you don't know how to do the trigger, I can post the whole thing(in trigger tags) later when I can.

Otherwise, this is how you can do it, but I haven't actually tested this trigger though, so if anyone knows if this will work or not, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:
Level 4
Yes, by making it triggered base.

First, remove the orb effect(corruption) off of the item.

Make a trigger like:

Events - When a unit is attacked.
Conditions - Attacking unit has <x> item.
Actions -
If / Then / Else multiple functions
If - Level of ability for attacked unit's "Inventory" ability is greater than or equal to 1
Then - Give attacked unit "Modified Scroll of Protection"
Else - Give attacked unit "Inventory ability".
- Give attacked unit "Modified Scroll of Protection"
- Remove "Inventory ability" from the attacked unit.

Notes - "Modified Scroll of protection" should be "auto use when acquired", and give negative armor(not positive) when used to the user only. Also, edit the "Buff" of the "modified scroll of protection", and name the buff to the item with this ability.

BTW, if you don't know how to do the trigger, I can post the whole thing(in trigger tags) later when I can.

Otherwise, this is how you can do it, but I haven't actually tested this trigger though, so if anyone knows if this will work or not, correct me if I'm wrong.

If you can post the trigger, then it will make my life far easier and will be greatly appreciated!:grin:

Level 6
Sure:

• ArmorAttack1
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • ((Attacking unit) has an item of type Orb of Corruption (Non Orb 2)) Equal to True
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Size of inventory for (Attacked unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
        • Then - Actions
          • Hero - Create Orb of Corruption Scroll 2 and give it to (Attacked unit)
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Add Unit Inventory (New) to (Attacked unit)
          • Hero - Create Orb of Corruption Scroll 2 and give it to (Attacked unit)
          • Wait 1.00 seconds
          • Unit - Remove Inventory (Hero) from (Attacked unit)
I uploaded a test map for you to see(see below). You can type -spawnunits to spawn more creeps. I added an orb of frost to show that it stacks with the trigger. All orbs will stack with the trigger(since it's triggered based).

If you want to import it, import all the custom abilities, and items, and then the trigger.

Also, I tried to make it so 2 of the same items with the armor reduction stack, except I can't seem to do it with "Scroll of Protection". I tried using 2 different buffs too.

What this basically means is that if you want more than one item to give an "Armor reducing effect" using the trigger, it doesn't work because the "scroll of protection" ability doesn't stack with itself(even if you use 2 different buffs and 2 different abilities).

Anyway, so the triggered effect should allow you to stack the armor penalty attack with any other orb effect you want.

If you have any questions, just ask.

Attachments

• OrbOfCorruptionTriggerMap.w3x
    37.6 KB · Views: 119
Level 12
An easy method would just be to use a dummy to stack a higher debuff on the target if he already is afflicted by the lower ranks.

I would probably make different levels of faerie fire and give it to a dummy unit to debuff the attacked unit.

Ala:
A unit is attacked
attacked unit has buff <Corruption 1>
attacker has ability Corruption_orb

if corruption_orb_level greater than debuff_level
create dummy with faerie fire LEVEL = debuff_level + 1
etc,etc,etc

Good luck.

Level 4
Many, many thanks guys!

The corruption orbs didn't stack, but the frost orb and one of them did.

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 6
The corruption orbs didn't stack, but the frost orb and one of them did.

Yeah, I am working on a new alternative, I'll post the new map in a bit.

Edit: Here it is. This should work, you can put as many of the items you want to stack.

If you want to change the duration or the amount of armor reduced, edit the "Orb of Corruption (New)" abilities and change it to whatever you want.

To import it to the map, copy everything: The custom items, the custom abilities(you don't need to copy "Unlimited lives"), the custom buffs, and then finally the triggers.

If you want to add more items that reduce armor on attack, copy and paste the trigger, copy and paste an item, copy and paste the ability, and also copy and paste the buffs and rename the buffs.

If you have any questions ask.

Edit: I noticed I screwed up and accidentally deleted the items(the orbs), I'll fix it in a sec.

Edit2: Okay, it's fixed now.

Edit3: I forgot to add the items to the hero's inventory, but I did now. If you downloaded the version without items in his inventory, redownload this one.

Attachments

• OrbOfCorruptionTriggerMap2.w3x
    17.3 KB · Views: 140
Last edited:
Level 4
Yeah, I am working on a new alternative, I'll post the new map in a bit.

Edit: Here it is. This should work, you can put as many of the items you want to stack.

If you want to change the duration or the amount of armor reduced, edit the "Orb of Corruption (New)" abilities and change it to whatever you want.

To import it to the map, copy everything: The custom items, the custom abilities(you don't need to copy "Unlimited lives"), the custom buffs, and then finally the triggers.

If you want to add more items that reduce armor on attack, copy and paste the trigger, copy and paste an item, copy and paste the ability, and also copy and paste the buffs and rename the buffs.

If you have any questions ask.

Edit: I noticed I screwed up and accidentally deleted the items(the orbs), I'll fix it in a sec.

Edit2: Okay, it's fixed now.

Excellent!! Works just as intended! Great job!! Much thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.