• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any way to connect online with older versions of warcraft 3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
You did it! Yes-yes! I have it! I foolishly lost my cds to warcraft 3, thinking i can trust-trust Blizzard with keeping m-my copy safe! Felt good to use my old cd keys in the installers once more and not get the stinky-foul smelling Reforged pushed on me. Do not need-want bad one! Only good one! Yes!
But most of my memories of warcraft 3 were spent online! Playing LoaP and large rpg maps! I still have codes saved from 16 years ago to load up specific characters with specific items on certain maps.
Soo... is there any way to go online with versions below 1.30?

Level 21
Did you just talk skaven?
That's some next level larping.
On topic: being in europe i think you'd have to go with reforged, no need to buy it btw. Just validate your warcraft in your battle.net account.
Sadly, you'd have to download the additional reforged hd weight (30gigabyte or so) since they crammed it into one game version.

There's a variety of ways to play true wc3 online, irinabot is 1.26 and has a community that is russian but can english. gameranger is 1.26 though can change the patch too, ent is still operational and they're 1.30.1, eurobattle is 1.28.5 but need a premade group for less popular maps, m16 is korean but thanks to the horrific reforging there are english players over there too and its a custom/modded wc3 like china's netease is since its obvious blizzard and reforged in general just sucks. as mentioned already, netease which will have the biggest community but worst delay and possibly lag. think there's some other asian servers too but not as well known? iccup and rgc(ranked gaming client) are around too. There's also radmin and hamachi, possibly more as well but quite a few of these options require bringing a friend or two.

The only advantage reforged offers is difficulty ruining others games like laghacking though maphacking and name spoofing including that silly number tag is still easy. Also if you play on reforged's only private server you can then enjoy reconnection like the legacy days except they only allow specific maps sadly, what's worse is we used to have true reconnection and so much better before we got reforged on. Now you got people going around saying reconnection isn't really possible and whatever else.

Edit: Ironically we're starting to get autohost bots back on reforged.

Level 29
You did it! Yes-yes! I have it! I foolishly lost my cds to warcraft 3, thinking i can trust-trust Blizzard with keeping m-my copy safe! Felt good to use my old cd keys in the installers once more and not get the stinky-foul smelling Reforged pushed on me. Do not need-want bad one! Only good one! Yes!
But most of my memories of warcraft 3 were spent online! Playing LoaP and large rpg maps! I still have codes saved from 16 years ago to load up specific characters with specific items on certain maps.
Soo... is there any way to go online with versions below 1.30?
There are several ways to play Warcraft 3 online without risk of Reforged update, but it's not an official Battle.net server.
As that guy's post above said, you could try any unofficial Battle.net servers like Eurobattle.net, ENT, etc.
Also, Radmin and GameRanger are useful if you are going to play online through Local Area Network.
Eurobattle.net has two versions. One (1.28.5) for popular maps and the other (1.26) for DOTA maps.
I've never tested all of those servers cause I'm noob for online play since the game has a lot of issues like desync.

Level 2
Thanks a lot, friends. I don't know why i have not heard of this place before now. I kept searching for warcraft 3 communities and places where i could download older copies of the game and for some reason google just kept giving me really shady sites full of viruses. Have very much given up hope till now.
May the Great Horned Rat bless you all!
🐀

Ralle

Owner
Level 77

Level 2
I will be saving these onto a USB in preparation for the End Times.

Btw, how come 1.27 supports 2560x1440 resolution but 1.28.5 doesn't?

This will enhance your gaming experience for legacy wc3'ing.

Status
Not open for further replies.