• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any way to Block the Camara Vision?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
I have a Problem on my "Hero Selector" it shows HP Bars and other things from the Background..
is there any way to block the Vision?

Picture:
Screenshot (52).png

I want the Players to not See what is Behind the Hero Selector not any Hp bars or else...

KPC

KPC

Level 7
Try with setting selection scale of this unit:
Try set it to big value like 20.00.
Try to set it to negative value like -1.00 or -20.00, see what happens.
To set negative value u need to hold shift and then double click or enter selection scale field

Level 12
Try with setting selection scale of this unit:
Try set it to big value like 20.00.
Try to set it to negative value like -1.00 or -20.00, see what happens.
To set negative value u need to hold shift and then double click or enter selection scale field
@KPC ok Thx That fixed the Hero Bars..
If I know do it on Enemys will it change something? Like a Hitbox or something when Casting a Spell on this unit?

KPC

KPC

Level 7
This affects 2 things, both are only visual aspects:
1. Size of selection circle with green/yellow/red color (the circle that you can see under the unit when you select it or move your mouse on it)
2. Horizontal size of HP bar.

Using big value allows you to remove selection circle out of area of camera, so it looks like it's not there.
Using negative value allows you to hide hp bar but it also breaks selection circle so parts of it hides under the terrain.

I need to know more details. If you have Hero Selector and there are some creeps in the background and you don't want to see their hp bars this is proper way. After selecting Hero you need to change selection scale to normal value so everything looks normal again.

Level 12
This affects 2 things, both are only visual aspects:
1. Size of selection circle with green/yellow/red color (the circle that you can see under the unit when you select it or move your mouse on it)
2. Horizontal size of HP bar.

Using big value allows you to remove selection circle out of area of camera, so it looks like it's not there.
Using negative value allows you to hide hp bar but it also breaks selection circle so parts of it hides under the terrain.

I need to know more details. If you have Hero Selector and there are some creeps in the background and you don't want to see their hp bars this is proper way. After selecting Hero you need to change selection scale to normal value so everything looks normal again.

ok Yeah there Some Bosses In the Background Later... so I just change it for the 2 First minutes of the Game when evryone selects the units and then I set it back to the normal Size

KPC

KPC

Level 7
  • Selection Scale
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.00 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • -------- Here you add units to unit group --------
      • Unit Group - Add Archmage 0065 <gen> to TempUnitGroup
      • Unit Group - Add Wisp 0067 <gen> to TempUnitGroup
      • Unit Group - Add Archer 0068 <gen> to TempUnitGroup
      • Wait 120.00 seconds
      • -------- Here you change selection scale for each unit in this group --------
      • Custom script: set bj_wantDestroyGroup = true
      • Unit Group - Pick every unit in TempUnitGroup and do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Unit - Set Unit: (Picked unit)'s Real Field: Selection Scale ('ussc') to Value: 1.00
If you want those units to have different selection scale there are some ways to solve it. But if you stay with the same value it is it.

Level 12
You can always set aside some part of the terrain, like the top portion of your map, to be dedicated to character selection. This would ensure that there's nothing else in the way.

thats what i did now.. I wanted first to have selection circle so the camera rotates around and the hero’s are placed In a circle form.. now I changed it to a line from left to right and the end of the map behind so it’s working now.. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.