• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any progress on new map? (8 months later XD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
Nothing much has happened, most of the people working on the map are busy with exams or work at the moment.

Level 2
just been playing league of legends since like last january or something, idk who plays wc3 still and what they are playing.

Level 10
To say that there was no progress over the past 8 months is inaccurate. It's not as if the project is dead it is just halted and slowed due to the fact that real life happens. To my understanding with regards to 1.2 pretty much all of the terrain is finally done with the exclusion of maybe one more island for D4. On top of that we can expect 2 more spells for each class (10 total) implemented into the game in 1.2 which are already done and made. Really all that is left to do is the programming aspect of 1.2 with the quests and item logs and stuff. Rumor has it there may be some kind of bank system and talent system implemented too whether or not that will be in 1.2 or some future version I am not sure.

With regards to the whole LoL debate I personally do not enjoy that 'AOS' style of game so I don't really care for it. Having said that though I think LoL is the easiest of the three big choices: DOTA, HoN, LoL, to get into and enjoy. Maybe it's because I'm a nub but I find LoL the most enjoyable of the three choices.

My crack of choice personally at the moment would have to be this Guild Wars 2. This is some MMO :D

Level 2
oh no i didnt mean theres "NO PROGRESS" i ment like to me it seems like forever since the last version and i just thought it would be out by now is all xD.

Ya i mean, on dota i was a top 3 player in THR for season 1 (when it was big), im 1800 mmr in HoN (hardest of all the games IMO) , and im 2100 elo in LoL. i was or am a good player in each of the 3 so the fact that i understand and know each of the games the best, LoL is easily the best out of all of them, the most fun, and most of all most TEAM based. dota and hon, u pick a carry, farm jungle/top, and u win 5v1 alone. in LoL farming is least of ur worries.

Level 13
Tbh lordskyy I was just fucking around I cbf getting into a debate on the matte,r I'll just have to agree to disagree with pretty much all the points you made there lol.

At least you've tried all 3, that's a good way to build an opinion, unlike most of the community for each game.

When it comes down to it, they all have their pros and cons

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Sorry that there hasn't been an update for so long. I've just realized that our visions for 1.2 were simply to much for me alone to handle in one shipping. I should have split all the features into smaller upgrades instead of loading up all in one update which is 1.2. I decided taking out the talent system of my current plans for 1.2 and will release it with a future 1.3 update - which is sad, as it would probably more fun to explore the new system before hitting level 50, but it can't be helped - it would simply be too much of effort to already include it to 1.2 and I want you guys to get a hand on a new version eventually.

I think the future will come with more "minor" updates.

I would love to have some progress on all this, but I simply can't afford the time right now, as I already stated. I got an appliance of a terrainer recently and waiting for his demo, so maybe we can expect some progress on the last bit of terrain that is left soon.

As soon I can afford the time, I will start removing all of the bugs that have been reported over the last months and then proceed implemented the new features. Some of them have already been implemented, like an overhaul of the camera system and a ENORMOUS improvement of game FPS.

I won't lie to you here; there's a huge schedule of things to fix and improve on my list before I can actually move on creating new content, items, monsters and bosses. However, I think once I got the freetime again, this will actually progress again.

For the next three or four weeks, unfortunately, I won't see my calendar granting me a day off to work on Gaias rather than my degrees.
Also, I have a lot of other stuff to focus on besides coding, even when I can come up with the time, as I'm playing in a band and also need to write new songs, study my parts, do a lot of sports, etc. ... I think I need to get rid of one or two hobbies somewhen.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
Just for you guys to know what my schedule looks like currently:

Code:
DONE:
- Rescaled almost all humanoid units and npcs to match the environment more than before
- Fixed cam modes have been altered to improve vision
- Free cam angle of attack now changes by a small amount if a high mountain is blocking the sight
- added a system that should greatly improve fps

TO DO:
- Fix geometry close to Shade to disallow rangers to sharpshoot it through walls
- Fix Bug with stacking materials allows duping
- Fix graphical bug with orb effects to sometimes remain upon switching weapons
- Rewrite casting system to allow removing of short-duration cooldowns and possibly implementing haste stat in the future
- Rewrite combat text system to make the text stack not overflow so fast on large scale battles
- Implement SetMaxState snipped to remove some obsolete dummy abilities
- Nerf Berserker damage a little
- Add 100% armor penetration when using Bladefury
- Fix the 3 times loading bug
- Fix stun of Lieutenant
- Reduce level of Doppelgangers
- Reset cooldowns of creeps upon reset
- Fix Gaspode duping exploit
- Fix crit chance of Coup de Grace
- Add a %-crit modifier to Lightning Charge
- Fix retaliation of pets when attacked by friendlies
- Fix spawn point of Thief spawns on Sergeant
- Fix Divine fist debuff sometimes permanently staying on friendly targets
- Fix Tooltip inconsistency of Divine Fist
- Fix Fire Rune
- Fix crit rating of Assassins Blade
- Improve the AI script of Nymph's Call
- Add additional effect to Constitution: Every point now also grants +0.2 HP per character level
- Add additional effect to Wisdom: Every point adds 2% to all resistances
- Add a level cap for base classes at level 25
- Fix duration of Soaked debuff
- Change steal so that it only works on units below 50% health, to disallow for soloplay steal-farming bosses; removing stealth requirement
- Remaster XP system: xp gain of quests bound to player level
- Remaster XP system: lower xp gain curve of killing monsters past the 10th level to reduce leveling speed on higher levels
- Change scroll system to be non-perishable consumables instead of powerups, which can be saved and put into the backpack if neccesary, to allow the player to relearn once found spells if neccesary (once used, a scroll is bound to the player that used it)
- Add an NPC to Mytargas city area that allows buying a treasure chest (with several upgrades) that can be used to store and save unused equipment
- Implement MIDI-Reader and custom made music tracks
- Implement the awesome workaround to remove the need for DISBTNs and still not make your map look like a noob RPG due to the ugly green boxes

OPTIONAL (possible 1.3 includes? Or maybe still 1.2?):
- Use the texture changer trick to remove the need for armor attachments and instead use custom body textures as armor (decide that BEFORE creating new models, dumbass!)
- Add a token system for quest rewards using the food counter with unique rewards
- Add a 5-way-3-talents system to every class
- Add a mercenary system

Level 13
Intense list, pretty sure I have a collection of other bugs and such to be considered when you're ready to add more to your plate lol.

That thing about steal might make it difficult for lower level thieves to steal from bosses, as they'd have to be out of combat the entire time. Maybe make steal a combat skill?

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
That thing about steal might make it difficult for lower level thieves to steal from bosses, as they'd have to be out of combat the entire time. Maybe make steal a combat skill?
Well I just didn't write it in. As I make this change, the stealth requirement for steal is dropped as otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

Level 3
Well I just didn't write it in. As I make this change, the stealth requirement for steal is dropped as otherwise it wouldn't make sense.

actually , you did write it in ,vestra probably didn't scroll to the right :D

oh , and by the way
Remaster XP system: xp gain of quests bound to player level

Take that lvl 43 abusors !! XD

Level 13
It got edited of course I scrolled.
Also getting to 43 isn't abuse in any way, and come 1.2 it won't matter lol. It's going to be nice to see people doing the quests as they progress though.

Level 6
im pretty sure zwiebel will release 1.12 soon enough and all of u guys will be happy :goblin_yeah:

Level 3
Great things you are adding imo, especially with some of the assassin fixes. About the steal, sinse you are changing how it works are you going to make it so it is possible to steal from Shade now?

Level 13
^ potentially a good idea, could throw a 1% rate steal for Shadow Seal, might please some people.

Level 3
^ potentially a good idea, could throw a 1% rate steal for Shadow Seal, might please some people.

NO! It is bad enough that it has a 5% chance drop when every single character needs it! It leaves you with a 1% chance of getting it in a group of 5 presuming no one has it which generally is the case, people rarely fight shade if they have seal on the person. If there is a 1% chance drop, then it is reduced to a 0.2% chance of obtaining the item which is extremely low. I don't want to have to grind 500 shades if i want shadow seal, 100 is bad enough -_-

Level 4
NO! It is bad enough that it has a 5% chance drop when every single character needs it! It leaves you with a 1% chance of getting it in a group of 5 presuming no one has it which generally is the case, people rarely fight shade if they have seal on the person. If there is a 1% chance drop, then it is reduced to a 0.2% chance of obtaining the item which is extremely low. I don't want to have to grind 500 shades if i want shadow seal, 100 is bad enough -_-

Better 5,2% than 5,0% :D

Level 13

lol it would be on both the steal and drop table, just 1% on the steal table to boost more into the community once d4 is out. It's purely an optional suggestion idc whats on the drop table it would be nice if each unit had one though. Could even add a unique item to each doppelganger to encourage different groups to play out longer battles.

Zwiebelchen

Hosted Project GR
Level 35
As I am going to redesign steal anyway to get rid of all the exploiting, I will probably also get rid of the seperate steal tables and instead make steal and drop table the same thing.

What do you think of this? Do you like the idea of having "thief only" loot in the steal tables or would you embrace opening up steal to loot you might probably not need but can share with other players?

PROS:
- Makes steal more interesting for the party to have

CONS:
- basicly doubles the loot, which messes up the money balancing for thieves (not that it didn't do so already... *sigh*)
- might make a thief too important in a party setup out of utility alone

Level 10
If that were to be implemented maybe make it some sort of talent spec on one of the talent trees that enhances what the steal skill steals. This at the very least also in a sense kind of nerfs the thief slightly making him less stronger for dpsing and everything for a talent spec that sort of 'helps' the party. This is all of course considering you are still adding talent specs

Level 13
I like the idea of the thief supporting the team with a skill like that. Greedy players are usually kicked out of any runs anyway. If there's a clear way of proving to the team what was stolen that would help. Allow the thief to steal maybe the green and blue items from the drop table at the highest. Leave legendaries to drops.

And for the love of god take out the longswords and the feather hides, items in steal pools should at least be levelled to the current area.

I'm fond of the idea zwieb, it would be nice if steal did more for the team rather than just the thief. If someone manages to steal Poltrooney from The Blazing Flame people already roll for something as rare as that so it might encourage more team play and actually reduce the gold the thief generates, especially if the boss has to be under a set amount of hp.

Never base an idea around trolls people, you have the ability to kick and remove trolls, simply don't play with them - Instant solution. Unless of course they can destroy your progress, in which case sure, fix.

Level 18
then yes zwieb, but i already predict a thief stealing some druid thing and not rolling and selling :(
----------
vestra most people don't have time or group big enough to be able to do dungeons all the time, so once you go and beat a boss it would be really sad to get a teammate who goes steals an item and we can't say anything until we find another high leveled player which i doubt unless we train them from 0 but that takes like 1 week to get full inventary playing most of the time.

Level 13
then yes zwieb, but i already predict a thief stealing some druid thing and not rolling and selling :(
----------
vestra most people don't have time or group big enough to be able to do dungeons all the time, so once you go and beat a boss it would be really sad to get a teammate who goes steals an item and we can't say anything until we find another high leveled player which i doubt unless we train them from 0 but that takes like 1 week to get full inventary playing most of the time.

There are plenty of people who play man, they're just waiting on 1.2. Training new people up to play should be a priority, help expand the community. Most people who steal from units are trustworthy.

It's simple don't play with greedy people lol. If someone in your group is a dick you shouldn't have to just put up with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.