• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Any one still playing Risk games in SC2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Starting to work on a new risk map for star craft 2. It will be a different from risk maps from wc3 because over the years i have improved design i had on my risk maps for wc3.

So actually interested if there is any risk fans still looking for good risk map in sc2.

Level 7
By risk maps do you mean real time strategy maps? I am a big fan of strategy maps but found scant little in SC2, most the maps just seem to be tug of war, dota or zombie siege maps.

I found one fairly decent space style strategy map but still not on par to the many great WC3 strategy maps. I would certainly play more SC2 risk maps if more existed.

Level 2
I am a big fan of strategy maps but found scant little in SC2,
If by strategy maps, you include the LotR-ish type maps, then there are actually quite a few. They don't have a colossal playerbase, by any means, but they do have a sizable channel (lotr), with a number of skilled players. There's something like twenty different maps that have been made by people from that channel, with several different principles behind them. A few were remakes from SC1, but most include leveling heroes and abilities. Base upgrades appear in multiple forms, and a handful of maps have special naval mechanics.

Level 7
Call me picky but I really don't see how you can have LOTR or fantasy maps in SC2, I've tried the map you mention and it in no way has anything to do with LOTR, there are space ships!

I think if theyre going to do strategy maps they should base them off sci fi franchises, I have yet to see any star wars strategy maps which is a shame.

Status
Not open for further replies.