• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Unit Descriptions - Outland Risk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
OK so Outland RISK is darn near done, its pretty much just WoW Risk but in Outland! Terrain though I think looks a lot better, especially at hellfire, blades edge, shattrath and smv.

That being said, the races are not done. Outland Risk is currently in beta and still using WoW's races, which is not good. I'm currently working on Draenor Risk as I decided (along with the terrainer) that a 480X480 map with 2 continents would be better suited for risk and what we got planned, but Outland Risk is still darn fun if you enjoy the WoW one. However, since I'm doing Draenor Risk I don't really have time to finish the races for Outland, which it really needs.

I'll be using the WoW Risk units and races as a starting point, so someone would just need to change the
-Unit Description
-Unit Name
-Tooltip Basic (to reflect name change)
-Collision Size (to .1)
- (possibly) Model
- (possible) Icon
- (possibly) Unit Sound

Everything else would remain as it is. I would like to talk any volunteers on msn messenger or vent if they have speakers, just so everything is clear.

Currently only 4 races are done out of 23, so any help is very appreciated :). A person also does not need to do every single race, even just doing two races would be very helpful.

Thanks a lot in advance, +rep for any help, and credit in game.

Edit: Here is a list of the Draenor races (however Scryer and Aldor are combined into Sha'tar now), please ignore the gold cost and armor type, I've decided to just stick with the WoW Risk system for now. Also, I have a list of unit names, suggested model and some unit descriptions, so its not as daunting as it seems. There is also at least 12+ units for each race on the list, but there is actually only going to be 9 units in a race.

Here's the link. Also, there are now only 10 units per race so you can pick and choose what units you need from the race. DO NOT use all of them, there won't be anymore then 10 units per race, just like in WoW Risk.Race List, Ignore Cost and Armor

Some races are already done or are being worked on, these are (I've also listed the race they were modified from so you know not to modify that race):
Illidari (Illidari in WoW Risk)
Naga (Naga in WoW Risk)
Blood Elves (Blood Elves in WoW Risk)
Thrallmar (The Horde, Orc Barracks in WoW Risk)
Honor Hold (Stormwind in WoW Risk)
Fel Orcs (The Dark Horde in WoW Risk)
Wildhammer (Dwarves in WoW Risk)
Sha'tar (Sha'tar in WoW Risk)
Telredar (Draenei in WoW Risk)

Thanks a lot in advance, +rep for any help, and credit in game. + rep for as long as I'm active on the hive if you do like 12+ races :) no joke, and a critter in-game named after yourself.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.