• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

[Campaign] Any ideas for an alternate timeline for World War II?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I am currently thinking of an alternate timeline for an event during World war II, and couldnt find any ideas except Red Alert timeline. Can you help me get some ideas? (No Nazi winning the war, but anything else is fine)

Level 19
Why not Nazi winning the war?

Imperial Japan conquers the whole Eastern Asia and Oceania and severs the ties between Germany and Italy.
A naval all-out war in the Pacific between Japan and U.S.

Germany conquers half of Britain, leaving Britain at the brink of defeat.
Nazi Germany and Soviet Russia both controls the West and East Europe respectively.

These results to 4 global powers: US, Japan, Germany and Russia.

Level 11
The US never enters the war because Pearl Harbor events never take place, leading the US to remain neutral in the war. Japan focuses its strength on Asia and Pacific Islands, gaining a foothold on most of Asia.

Russia gets pushed back by Nazi forces from the West, and Japan leads attacks from the East. This causes Russia to surrender, leaving Britain as the main focus for the Nazi attacks.

Because most of Asia and Europe is now under Axis control, it eventually leads to the North and South America getting invaded by The New Axis Regime. (Japanese Controlled Asia & Germany Controlled Europe)

Level 9
The US never enters the war because Pearl Harbor events never take place, leading the US to remain neutral in the war. Japan focuses its strength on Asia and Pacific Islands, gaining a foothold on most of Asia.

Russia gets pushed back by Nazi forces from the West, and Japan leads attacks from the East. This causes Russia to surrender, leaving Britain as the main focus for the Nazi attacks.

Because most of Asia and Europe is now under Axis control, it eventually leads to the North and South America getting invaded by The New Axis Regime. (Japanese Controlled Asia & Germany Controlled Europe)

Thats neat.. but then... Whr did ze soviets go? I really wnat soviet to be in.

Level 11
Thats neat.. but then... Whr did ze soviets go? I really wnat soviet to be in.

After being pushed back and eventually surrendering, the Soviet government collapses, leaving only remnants of the soviet military. This divides Russia into two main factions with different goals and vying for control of Moscow. After the collapse of the Soviet government, the largest part of the Russian military allies with the Axis, and operates under a russian general, which is then placed in power as the new "standing" government of Russia.

Several main cities and Occupied Moscow has an underground movement controlled by the remains of the soviet government. This is where the Soviet Resistance fighters operate to take back Moscow from German/ and new government control.

With the collapse of the government and military, Stalin must go into hiding, and can no longer operate as the leader for the Soviets. Many rumors and propaganda lead Russians to believe he is dead.

Last edited:
Level 25
Sweden decides it has had it with being "neutral" and instead declares war on every country in Europe, almost winning the war and conquering Europe and the common known world. But when the invasion of Russia begins, the scorched earth tactics defeat Sweden once again.

Level 11
Another scenario you could do is Operation Valkyrie (or really any Hitler assassination attempt) could be successful. Then you could pretty much do whatever you wanted from there. Something that comes to mind is the Soviets using it's military might and vast numbers to betray the Allies and take the war decimated European nations under Russian control. But that's very very similar to Red Alert.

Level 9
Another scenario you could do is Operation Valkyrie (or really any Hitler assassination attempt) could be successful. Then you could pretty much do whatever you wanted from there. Something that comes to mind is the Soviets using it's military might and vast numbers to betray the Allies and take the war decimated European nations under Russian control. But that's very very similar to Red Alert.
At least there be no Einstein

Level 10
nazis develop nukes first and bomb the hell out of SSSR, creating mutant bolsheviks with the thirst to take over the world, remaining factions must now deal not only with each other but also with the unstoppable menace coming to get them from the frozen corners of Siberia

Level 9
nazis develop nukes first and bomb the hell out of SSSR, creating mutant bolsheviks with the thirst to take over the world, remaining factions must now deal not only with each other but also with the unstoppable menace coming to get them from the frozen corners of Siberia

That would work... unless... who developed ze nazis ze nukas?

Level 9
The war continues into the atomic age, and as a result the major powers end up causing mutual destruction to each other. The world is then left to be ruled by previous small powers that was spared the nuclear onslaught.
What small powers do u suggest?

And no! There isnt even a friegstein, even so, how do i say the clone was made?

What small powers do u suggest?

And no! There isnt even a friegstein, even so, how do i say the clone was made?

Hmh, the war would have to continue for a couple of more years, so. Europe would probably be split in two by the Axis and Soviet. Major nuclear targets would be major capitals in Europe, Russia, Japan, and the US. That would probably leave some strong factions in Asia (China, India, ect.). Canada would probably too be relatively safe, maybe Scandinavia (except Denmark maybe since it is adjacent too Germany). The Arabian countries would be a lot stronger, and probably more secular, since the cold war never happened. But honestly, this is just speculation. See if you get any ideas. Also, nuclear winter would probably be a thing.

I think China, Saudi Arabia, Canada and ??? (Any ideaz?

An African Federation could be an idea. Also, countries would probably not be the same, since the surviving nations would probably do some land grab. I could imagin, China and Saudi Arabia growing a lot. Same for Canada, branching out in the less irradiated parts of a fractured US. Maybe a reemergence of the Ottoman Empire even.

Level 9
An African Federation could be an idea. Also, countries would probably not be the same, since the surviving nations would probably do some land grab. I could imagin, China and Saudi Arabia growing a lot. Same for Canada, branching out in the less irradiated parts of a fractured US. Maybe a reemergence of the Ottoman Empire even.

I dont think Africa would do good techtree. Canada would mostly consist of allied units , or perhaps a soviet underground movenment, China and Saudi.

Level 11
Einstein was in the United States at the time during which Adolf Hitler came to power. If he had never visited the US prior to 1933, he likely would have never signed the paper that led the US to the creation of the Atomic Bomb - Since he was Jewish, there's a very good chance he would have ended up in a concentration camp like many German academics with a Jewish background.

Germany did have a nuclear program, but I don't think they officially ever worked on weaponizing it in a bomb. However, they were experimenting with, and developing some of the longest range rocket systems of that time.

Last edited:
I dont think Africa would do good techtree. Canada would mostly consist of allied units , or perhaps a soviet underground movenment, China and Saudi.

I'm just spewing random ideas, do however remember, Africa was an extremely resource rich and heavily armed region, still largely controlled by European colonies, and located a relatively comfortable place when it comes to nuclear winter. I could totally see a power hungry (western or african) dictator uniting it under an iron fist. In this particular scenario, most scientific centers of the world has been bombed to smithereens anyway, any most nation has been set back by a small ice age. Also, Canada didn't begin becoming independent until 1931 which fininished 1982(?). in this alternate universe. I don't know, do whatever you like.

Level 9
So instead of the physics being drafted into the Wharmact or somrthing, they contiuned the project, then go nuking. Then the soviet attacked the hell out of Germany along with the U.S.

Level 19
What about, Japan attacked south east areas of Russia instead of Pearl Harbor and drove the Soviets into the war.

Nazis conquered Europe and with Japan they crossfired Russia. But the Russian's were not easy to conquer, with the help of Smirnoff ice vodka and Maria Sharapova they pushed back both of them. Now Russia rules whole Europe and its previous lands(they dont expand to Japan cuz its too far and bcz of geographic issues).

Now Russian people are so comfortable and they don't work as they used to since they own a big part of the world. They drink vodka 7/24 and treat women as objects to breed. The big nation is ruled by machoism and women have no place. A distopia. Inspired from Katherine Burdekin :p

(sorry for the shitty scenario I wrote random things as they came )
And I don't think Russians are like this :D its just humour dont be haters pls ! :(

Level 6
One great thing that can focused on is the various colonies under the influence of the allied forces. A situation could easily be conceived in which British command was forced to retreat to colonial holdings, either because Britain was actually lost or merely because they believed that it was inevitable. A retreat to India would be interesting. Focusing the British command in India gives great importance to the Australian fleet and turns the middle east into a substantial field of battle in which the allies are trying to halt an advancing German and Italian force. If the allied African campaign was still successful in this timeline, it would allow a secure route to India for the British command and but a unique pressure on axis forces trying to cut across the middle east, since they are now facing continual attacks along their flanks and supply lines.

In effect, this would force the axis to fight even more fronts even at a time when it might appear historically to be gaining ground.

Status
Not open for further replies.