• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Another "revive" bug

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Heya guys! :)

I found another bug tonight: when a player is out of revives and you give him then one of yours, he still can't revive! It's annoying, I hope you can fix it in 1.19! :)

Level 17
Heya guys! :)

I found another bug tonight: when a player is out of revives and you give him then one of yours, he still can't revive! It's annoying, I hope you can fix it in 1.19! :)

It odd that you can trade you revives to start with... Its not like you trade around your lives normally :S
If a player dies, he should be dead. Hopefully we will remove revives in the harder difficulties, becouse its impossible to get game over in a good team, and if you have a good healer, you wont die anyway :O

Im not sure if your suppost to be revived if you give a player a life, after they are dead.

Level 3
It odd that you can trade you revives to start with... Its not like you trade around your lives normally :S
If a player dies, he should be dead. Hopefully we will remove revives in the harder difficulties, becouse its impossible to get game over in a good team, and if you have a good healer, you wont die anyway :O

Im not sure if your suppost to be revived if you give a player a life, after they are dead.

Yeah, well.. it's a part of the map's gameplay.. =)

I've got nothing against removing revives actually, I myself don't die at all most of the time. :) But since their current function is to ressurect your character this bug should be fixed. :)
It's pretty bad we started 5 people aaand before first boss fight we were already without a healer :X

If you're to revive you have to be dead in the first place, duuuh:D

Anyways, my two cents. :)

Level 17
Yeah, well.. it's a part of the map's gameplay.. =)

I've got nothing against removing revives actually, I myself don't die at all most of the time. :) But since their current function is to ressurect your character this bug should be fixed. :)
It's pretty bad we started 5 people aaand before first boss fight we were already without a healer :X

If you're to revive you have to be dead in the first place, duuuh:D

Anyways, my two cents. :)

Well, i mean, if you run out of lives, why should you be able to just take another players live to continue? All players should have their own lifes, and not give them away to a healer that somehow managed to die. :p

Level 17
Then why can you give/receive revives as an option in the first place. >.<

Im wondering that aswell. :p
It is cloudwolf that want it like that, becouse some people manage to die more than others. But my point is that if you are dead, with no more ressurects, i dont like the idea that you should be able to be ressed anyway, just by trading over a revive, becouse you can find revives in the map, and that would decrease the difficult factor becouse you can get players back later when they are for no use anymore etc.

So:
1. You can trade revives with people so that they get more revives.
2. You can not give revives to people that is dead and have no more revives, they will not get revived.
3. I dont like revives at all.

Level 3
I understand your opinion but you guys should really fix Or change the revives thing. :) Because "2." has no logic when "1." is available. :)

Level 17
I understand your opinion but you guys should really fix Or change the revives thing. :) Because "2." has no logic when "1." is available. :)

Yes it has logic.

Lets put it this way:
You have a spell that ressurects you if you die.
But if you get the spell after you die, it wont work, becouse it has the ability to revive dying players, not players that is dead already.
That is logical :p

Level 3
Ok, you made me search in a couple of dictionaries for the word "revive" >.<

It's true it has a "rejuvinating" effect but the word is also used for "resurrecting". And I mean.. come on:D the Hero dies and then he's Revived back to life! What's the difference if he starts with 3 revives and you give him 1 more in the begining of the game(or later) and he has 4, or he dies 3 times and then you give him 1 more so he can resurrect again? (it's a rhetorical question...)

I still think that's a bug that should be fixed. :/

Level 30
I'll agree that trading lives can seem a tad strange :p The main reason for life trading is the following:

When playing on battle.net, the majority of people who join the game have never played before. Its amazing how often a player can lose all 3 lives before they've even reached the first boss xD Life trading is just a way of prolonging the game for newbie players really :)

Level 17
What i mean is that you have extra lifes, that makes you come back after you die.
But if you get the extra life after you are dead, your dead already. Extra lifes is made so that dying players can continue, not get back after they get game over by just taking another players life.
If a player doesnt have any more revives, he/she should mention that before the battle.

The bonus ressurects you have is for new players that isnt good at the map, when your actually able to complete the map without using a single revive. So 3 ressurects should be more then enough. If you are completely dead, you cant get back, and it should stay like that.

Level 3
I'll agree that trading lives can seem a tad strange :p The main reason for life trading is the following:

When playing on battle.net, the majority of people who join the game have never played before. Its amazing how often a player can lose all 3 lives before they've even reached the first boss xD Life trading is just a way of prolonging the game for newbie players really :)

Exactly! :] When experienced players are playing 3 revives are More than enough.. but for newbies they are not enough to finish the game:) It's just silly that they can have my 3 revives too if I want to give them but only before they haven't finished their own revives... -_- I won't argue anymore, I said all that has to be said. :grin:

Level 17
Its the same with chieftains ulti, if the cooldown is gone when your dead already, you wont get back, but if you have the ulti when you die, you will come back.
Thats pretty much how our system works, if you have revives when you die, you get revived.
But if you get them after you die, you wont come back, becouse your dead already.

And if you cant manage to play through the map when all players have 3 revives each, play the map more and get better.

Status
Not open for further replies.