• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another question! It is about banish...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I want to make a spell like banish, but, i want this to deal only 50% extra damage instead of 66%.
I tried to change it at the "Gameplay Constants", by changing the ethereal hel bonus to 1.50 instead of 1.66! Ok... but, it's not worked :( , it worked only to healing spells, but not from damage spells!!!
And now, what to do???!?! :shock:
Thnx if you help me!

Level 11
I hate to mess up with gameplay constants but well, that's the solution in this case.

You said that you changed only the Spells - Ethereal Heal Bonus? Hmm, I don't see any other field. Are you sure damage doesn't deal 150% damage too? How did you check the bonus damage?

Maybe the damage for ethereal units is constant. But I don't think so... I think the field is for both damage and heal.

~Daelin

Level 6
Yes, I'm sure that the spell is dealing 66% extra damage! :eek:
I tested this by adding the abilities Storm Bolt and banish to a custom hero, I changed the damage that the ability deals to 100 at level 1. Then, i cast Banish and storm bolt at a target enemy, and the damage taken was 166, but, when i casted Banish and Holy Light at a target friendly unit, the amount of hit points healed was 300! (200 + 50% = 300) :?
Then, I think that the "Ethereal heal Bonus" at gameplay constants works only for healing spells, but not for damaging spells!
I also made a series of other tests and all confirmed the same result. :(
I want to know if have another way to make banish deals only 50% bonus damage, and... I know that has, because at DotA Allstars the Banish of "Pugna" deals only 40% bonus damage. How to do it? :cry:

Level 2
Look under the Gameplay Constants again. Find Combat-Damage Bonus Table-Ethereal. This is what you're looking for. And if that character on DotA: Allstars has the ability that rises in levels, then chances are a negative Spell Damage Reduction ability is added to the targeted unit.

Hope that helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.