• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Deal more spell damage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Im working on a trigger that allows a unit to take a percentage more damage from spell based attacks. You could say I'd use banish, but the percentage is based off ethereal, which is a gameplay constant armor, not very elastic. Does making a reverse reduced spell damage work? Lets say i give a unit the ability -40% spell resistance?

Btw, im using a unit takes damage event and manipulating it by adding all units to that event.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
Above poster said easiest way.

Other way is you make all spells triggerbased damage and when the damage is delt you run your damage changing culculations so that is is reduced automaticly.

Stick with the above poster.

Use SHIFT + CLICK to change the value to a negitive or it might not allow you.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
All it needs is replacing your current damage function to that with the culculations, about 1-2 mins work atmost once you triggered the actual damage culculation functions.

My second one was for an idea i thought of where diablo like element system into wc3, decided to stop due to the amount of lag it would cause even with jass, maybe Pjass can support it. . .

Well anyway stick with idea 1

Status
Not open for further replies.