• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Another Aura Stacking Question(s):

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello Everyone,

I am aware that there are a lot of threads concerning this topic. However, I have not been able to find an answer to these questions (either because they haven't been answered or because I am just ignorant). Either way, I would appreciate if someone could help me.

1. If two different aura spells (but based off of the same base aura [Endurance Aura]) have the same buff, it should not stack. Is this correct? I have two custom spells based off Tauren Chieftain's "Endurance Aura" called "Endurance Aura (E)" and "Endurance Aura (F)." Both are the exact same except for the button placement. I also set a condition that a single hero cannot have both abilities. These spells also level up to 3 times and will grant better stats as it goes up. The question is: if one hero with a level 3 "Endurance Aura (E)" is near another hero with a level 1 "Endurance Aura (F)," does it take the higher value? does it stack? or no?

2. Similar to the above issue, I also have an item that gives an Endurance Aura with the same buff as the custom spell. If a hero were to pick up this item and has a level 3 "Endurance Aura (E)", how do the auras behave? I know the item should not stack but does it mean it will nullify the item effect regardless of the level of the spell? (Even if the item aura has better statistics than the spell)?

3. If the auras don't stack and go with the higher stat, what about for cases like Unholy Aura? One could have .02 Regen and 20% Speed and another could have .01 Regen and 40% Speed. What goes into calculating which aura is best?

Level 19
positive auras: highest buff takes priority
neagtive auras: lowest buff (highest debuff) takes priority
for instance: armor aura +3 and +5 on ally unit will always provide +5
if you change targets to enemies and set values -3 and -5 it will always provide -3 (as highest buff, because base is buff, not a debuff)
this is correct for the most of basic auras you asking about
in case if comparing directly is impossible, rules are unclear but surely simple, like %% always takes priority or elseway. dont expect game to evaluate every aspect, it will only take a single param to compare

Level 4
positive auras: highest buff takes priority
neagtive auras: lowest buff (highest debuff) takes priority
for instance: armor aura +3 and +5 on ally unit will always provide +5
if you change targets to enemies and set values -3 and -5 it will always provide -3 (as highest buff, because base is buff, not a debuff)
this is correct for the most of basic auras you asking about
in case if comparing directly is impossible, rules are unclear but surely simple, like %% always takes priority or elseway. dont expect game to evaluate every aspect, it will only take a single param to compare

Wow. Thank you. I did a few a tests and if I figured out that if I had two auras of the same type but with different stats (EndAura has 100% Movement Speed/0% Attack Speed and another has 0% Movement Speed/100% Attack Speed), it should take the highest of both parameters *regardless of the buff type.

Status
Not open for further replies.