• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Annoying Object editor BUG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hello, so I'm making new spells and buffs, and out of nowhere, some of them get added to some RANDOM units in object editor's normal abilities, WTF? Why does this happen?

Level 12
I'm not sure if I understand you right, but anyway, I actually had a nasty bug due to what I think you are talking about.

Anyway, if you delete an ability, units with that ability still have the ID for that ability in their list. If you add a new ability and it happens to reuse that ID, the units with it in their list will gain this ability.

It works the same for buffs, I think. I'm not sure if this is your problem or not.

If it is happening only in-game, I don't know what the problem could be then. Might be some bad triggers or something.

Level 6
It happens inside WE. I have to manually remove that spells cuz they got added by themselves. That might be the reason, I see. Since we have been deleting not small amount of spells before.

Level 7
Yea, it most likely due to adding a spell to a unit and then deleting the spell. When you delete the spell, it appears as unknown### on the ability list. When you create another ability it takes the place of the deleted spell and the unit thinks it has the spell hence random spells appearing.

Status
Not open for further replies.