• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AnimTransfer for unanimated Model

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 28
While I was doing some work upon some warcraft 3 models and tried to transfer animation between two different heroes using http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/tools.php?id=kmyze5.
Now I know how to transfer and how to attach bones as well, but I've noticed something weird, I'll give you an example :

Let's say I had a Paladin and Priest model, I want to transfer basic animation of the priest to the paladin. Now, everything works just fine if no changes in Sequence Material which shows a model animation but if for eg : I delete all animation of the paladin with Magos (so now he has no animation at all, and save it (And yes I know about Mdl convert) so now if I import the priest animation using that tool to this unanimated paladin, no bone show any move, the new imported animation can be found in sequence material but not working when playing.
But if I don't delete the paladin animation and transfer directly, the difference will be less, some bone animation are working.

So all I wanna know is why importing newiest animation to an unanimated model doesn't work unlike doing the transfer directly without deleting anything related to animation?

Status
Not open for further replies.