• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
I have read the tutorials about it, but I can't manage to do it:

(Before any other question: I'm using GMAx. If you say "aaah no that tool is too bugged for me" then you probably won't help me anyway.)

The animations are simply not transfered, the outcome will always be as unanimated as the base file. I CHECKED that:

-The Bones with the right names are all in place
(in fact, the base file is the VERY SAME MODEL as the file I want to get the animations from, only with slight modifications such as a new hat)

-That I didn't make any mistakes in the little window that pops out when you start animtransfer (Base file, animation file, etc.)

Question... Does the basefile need to be already animated, in order to REPLACE the old animations with new ones? Aren't the bones (etc.) linked to the materials enough?

EDIT:
ok sorry I just checked once again. The base file only has the "default bone" since Gmax can't export bones with names. Which means I will have to unname all bones and rename them later one by one... has anyone an idea how to do that?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.