• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Animation Transfer Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
I've spent hours trying to figure out this problem with 0 luck. I know how to do most animation transfers via Retera's Matrix Eater but for some reason I can't seem to import any movement at all for the geoset. Maybe someone can help?

I (re)imported a geoset/bones of the corpse from a modified villager model 'walkflesh2.mdx' to 'Robe.mdx'

What I'm trying to do is get 'Stand Upgrade' and 'Walk Upgrade' to work as they do in 'walkflesh2.mdx'- what ever I do makes the villager work correctly- but not the corpse- it just stands there off to the side like an idiot in those animations.

I've even tried multiple times to import the animations/time scale them into the half-functional animations (I've tried just the bones and other times just the helpers...). When I open the model in MDLvis it seems to have all the correct bones/etc. so what gives?

EDIT: well, I never figured out the problem- but after a few hours I just did all the changes on the other working model and transferred the required geosets over. I deleted the attached files because they're edited from other's work. I guess it might have been an issue with helpers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.