• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

[Animation Request] - Zombie Wall Barricade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hey, I recently made a barricade model for my map but I dont have any tools to actually animate it so I am seeking help from someone who would be able to. I have the model I created attached below however, I am not fully sure if I have each board geoset separated, they might be all on one but they are not welded together.

Basically, I need an animation of each board falling as if a zombie was simply throwing the board away. So mainly you could have the board fall to the ground with a bit of a backward arc so it looks like its being ripped off but nothing too complex. I dont know if it would be better to just make it one single animation with each board coming off every second and ill just trigger an animation pause or if it would be better to have multiple animations like Stand 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, etc... Whichever you think is more efficient to do is alright with me. If you have any questions feel free to ask Ill be checking the thread often.

Thanks

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 892
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 639
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    338.7 KB · Views: 807
  • Window Barricade.mdx
    3.1 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Level 8
awesome, if you have any questions ill answer asap. pretty much just all of the boards falling one by one but nothing fancy. the 2 pictures i attached is pretty much how it will be used. zombies will attack the boards on the other side and just need the boards to fall so it looks somewhat like the zombies breaking or making the boards fall in some sort of fashion... im sure you would have better judgment than me with it :) again i apologize however, if the geometries arent separated, i couldnt manage to separate them in just the vertex modeler i made the boards in.

Level 8
if its too difficult for someone to do, i can try to animate it myself but it requires separate geosets. itd be awesome if someone could animate it but if not then could someone separate each board into a geoset in the model so there would be 5 or 6 geosets in the model. i am not sure how to turn parts of a model into geosets in any of the modelers i have.

Level 8
Still looking for someone who can make the boards fall backwards. It can probably just be a single animation with each board separated by maybe 1-2 second intervals so about 10-12 second animation. I have attempted it myself using Warforger and Warshape but I believe I must first have every board in its on geoset for it to work as it wants to animate the whole object every time I try and I have nothing to separate an object into geosets. Any input is helpful, thanks.

Level 8
I'm not really sure what you mean about the stand hit thing. I'm having trouble getting a part of my model to animate rather than just the whole thing at once. When I try to move one board to the ground every 3000 frames it moves the whole model instead. I can get a decent animation, but its the whole barricade being animated at once and I don't know how to just animate a part of it at a time.

Level 8
bumpin... if animating it is too difficult, i can animate it myself but i cant get each board into its own geoset or bone structure. im not sure what exactly it is, but i can animate it wc3forger, but it animates the whole model because i think its all one geoset and theres just one bone for the whole object.

Status
Not open for further replies.