• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Animation problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I'm using the Demon Hunter animations for a Marine, and in the Wc3viewer it all shows up fine. But once in game, he just glides around instead of using the walk animation.

All other animations work fine.

I don't know if this matters, but I removed several animations from the model because they didn't fit properly, could that have been the reason that the 'walk - animation' doesn't work anymore?

-Sewora

Attachments

• Warbringer.JPG
    Warbringer.JPG
    48.8 KB · Views: 78
Level 6
Yes I have skimmed through that tutorial. And I removed animations from the unit by just deleting lines in notepad (.mdl format).

It is non-looping, so I don't get whats wrong. Cheers though!

Level 11
I this might happen if start key for animation is placed after end key. So instead frame 30(start key) - 60(end key) would be 30(end key) - 60(startkey).
But I'm not sure if you can change that trough .mdl edit, and I dont know "how" you are using demon hunter animation, transfering ?

Level 6
I this might happen if start key for animation is placed after end key. So instead frame 30(start key) - 60(end key) would be 30(end key) - 60(startkey).
But I'm not sure if you can change that trough .mdl edit, and I dont know "how" you are using demon hunter animation, transfering ?

I'm not sure I'm following you here..

I transferred the Demon Hunter animations to a marine, and then I converted it to an .mdl and opened it with Notebook.
Then I removed the animations I didn't want, and keep the ones I liked.

I've also noticed that his Death Animations doesn't work either!

Here's a screenshot of his sequences if it helps any;

Attachments

• IfItHelps.PNG
    IfItHelps.PNG
    49.6 KB · Views: 57
Level 11
That animation transfer program. It transfers animation based on bones right ? So it may not work if those models dont have same bone names, or one of them has extra.
Someone who is familiar with the animation transfer should help you. Just spam here xD .

Level 6
So.. Is there anyone around who's into animation tranfers and things related to it? I'd really like to get this model working. And learn what's wrong, and how to fix it so that I can get better at this stuff.. Hehe.

Level 4
If it shows up right in Magos but not ingame, there shouldn't be a problem with bones or keys. The game can't identify your animations.

Dunno if you tested your model as a hero ingame, but if you didn't, "Dissipate" won't work - thats hero only. Normal units use "Decay Flesh" and "Decay Bone" instead. I guess you meant this by "Death Animations"? (You can find the correct bone & animation names in the Art Tools' Documentation)

I can't find a problem with walk, except that you didn't adjust the sequence number (Sequences 10 { ...); you only have 9 on the screenshot. But I don't think that's causing your problem.

Kount

Level 6
If it shows up right in Magos but not ingame, there shouldn't be a problem with bones or keys. The game can't identify your animations.

Dunno if you tested your model as a hero ingame, but if you didn't, "Dissipate" won't work - thats hero only. Normal units use "Decay Flesh" and "Decay Bone" instead. I guess you meant this by "Death Animations"? (You can find the correct bone & animation names in the Art Tools' Documentation)

I can't find a problem with walk, except that you didn't adjust the sequence number (Sequences 10 { ...); you only have 9 on the screenshot. But I don't think that's causing your problem.

Kount

I fixed the Sequences to 9 rather than 10.
And I meant his death animation, when he dies. Dissipate works just fine, it's the actual death sequence that doesn't work.

This is so frustrating! It should work damn it!

Edit: I have figured it out. Because I tried to transfer ONE animation from a unit to my unit, it screwed up his animations.
I'll just reconfigure his animations from scratch and it should work just fine.
Thanks for the help everyone!

Edit 2: I thought I had figured it out, but I hadn't. It's not due to the animation transfer. I realized however that I altered the animation sequence for Attack, and whilst the Attack animation does exactly what I want it to do, it screws up Death and Walk animation. So I'll see what I can do to fix that.

Status
Not open for further replies.