• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Animation bug after cinematic

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 20
In a cinematic i order some guys to play an animation, and everything goes ok. After the cinematic, when through cleanup i order them to reset their animation to standard they get stuck in place(even though they still stand-animate as usual), i can't even select them, and other units can run through them. Then, after a few seconds, bum, they disappear, like removed from the game. How can i fix this?

Level 3
In a cinematic i order some guys to play an animation, and everything goes ok. After the cinematic, when through cleanup i order them to reset their animation to standard they get stuck in place(even though they still stand-animate as usual), i can't even select them, and other units can run through them. Then, after a few seconds, bum, they disappear, like removed from the game. How can i fix this?
Wow that is weird thing tho, only reason i know is that the models dont have "death - decay" animations and u 'accidentally' used trigger to kill them ● 3● , that way makes them still have the "stand" image there for few seconds until disappear. Post trigger or map so we can see problems more deeply if u want.:ogre_hurrhurr:

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 20
Tried what i thought but didnt work. The issue must be related to this function.

[trigger=Intro Cleanup]Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 020 <gen> owned by Player 2 (Blue)) and do (Animation - Reset (Picked unit)'s animation)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in Region 020 <gen> owned by Player 1 (Red)) and do (Animation - Reset (Picked unit)'s animation)
[/trigger]

Because other units aren't affected at all. So it must be something about this.

Level 20
Alright boys, sorry for the double post. I think i found out the problem: when i gather random 1 units of type footman owned by player 2 to region X it picks also from the units that have died in a combat prior to the cinematic. That's why they disappear....they are dead.

EDIT: I managed to solve it. By "replacing"(those two units) with same units using relative old mana and health it caused both of them to die instantly; hence i deduct that the previous units were dead as i thought. What i did was replacing them using new units max health. GG.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.