• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Freezing Units in Cinamatics

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Okay, I'm making some custom campaigns for my own enjoyment, and I've run into a problem, i need to find out how to make it so that all units except for the units involved in the cinematic disappear and so that two units from different teams do not fight each other, as well as having units stop when they enter a region, so they don't run far away from the camera if someone orders an attack move.

For the two teams not attacking i suppose there's the option to make them invulnerable or change their teams.

For example, if you've ever played Wanderers of Sorceria ( a personal favorite) Whenever they do the cut scenes (cinematics, whatever) after a battle, you don't have all the units you ordered to attack the enemy milling about, they've disappeared, teleporting them all would be impossible, as would killing them before the cinematic. The point is, How would i make the units teleport, leaving the key characters required for the cinematic?

Level 17
just make a unit group
Unit group
  • Set Teleported_Units_Group = (Units in Cinematic_Region matching ((unit type of matching unit unequal to Main Hero 1) and (unit type of matching unit unequal to Main Hero 2))
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Teleported_Units_Group and do (actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Move (picked unit) instantly to (Away_Of_Cinematic_Region)

Level 17
create a region at the location where they haave to stop
then go in trigger editor and create a trigger:
  • Events
    • Unit - a unit enters Your_Region
  • Conditions
    • unit type of triggering unit equal to YOUR_UNIT_TYPE
  • Actions
    • Unit - order (triggering unit) to move to position of (triggering unit)
dont forget to always set variables and remove leaks!

Level 1
just make a unit group
Unit group
  • Set Teleported_Units_Group = (Units in Cinematic_Region matching ((unit type of matching unit unequal to Main Hero 1) and (unit type of matching unit unequal to Main Hero 2))
  • Unit Group - Pick every unit in Teleported_Units_Group and do (actions)
    • Loop - Actions
      • Unit - Move (picked unit) instantly to (Away_Of_Cinematic_Region)

How do i do the 'and' part for the second part of the variable?

Status
Not open for further replies.