• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making Units Walk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
How would I make a unit spawn and then walk to a region or attack a specific unit? Lets say I saved a unit to a variable, could I spawn units and order them to attack that person and ignore everything else? Or even all the units in a unit Group?

Because I can make them move but all the moves are "Move(Instantly)' and I don't want them to teleport, I want them to walk towards a unit.

Also, quick question. What's the max file size for a campaign to be played over LAN?

Level 5
1: I'm 99% sure you CAN play custom campaigns over LAN.

2: Thanks for the help!

3: only 4 MB for a Campaign over LAN? That doesn't make any sense. The max size on B.net is 4 MB so wouldn't it make sense a campaign allows for more?

Level 5
By using the Campaign editor to string together multiple maps, it considers it a Campaign.

Only Campaigns can have a string of connected maps anyways.

What doesn't make sense to me is the logic that a map up to 4 MB can be played over the internet, which is harder to do than over a small area, but yet a campaign, comprised of multiple maps, can not be played over LAN, which basically means your partner is sitting right next to you and you are connected by a small cable, or at worst using the same Wi-Fi router.

But both would be limited to 4 MB? No, I'm pretty sure it's a larger amount. There's no the online limitations could apply to LAN.

Status
Not open for further replies.