• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[GUI] Angle between points

Level 5
This will be a short tutorial, made out of testing the system myself after a lot of frustration.

The reason of why this is not an intuitive concept is because it's impossible to make a angle out of two points matematicaly speaking. So for such a long time I had to guess what the system reads when it says angles between points.

So this are some facts about how the system works
Angle Between Points:
  • The unity is degrees.
  • 0° is facing east out of the referential.
  • The system function' range goes from (-180 , 180].
upload_2019-3-10_2-18-23.png

upload_2019-3-10_2-22-45.png

The Point A is going to be the referential. Be careful with function range (-180 , 180]. The functions "facing angle" and "random angle" they both range [0 , 360).

Thats it.

This is not much of a tutorial, the thing is that frustrated me a lot on a simple bug in my map because I found that the function range is not that intuitive. Than I felt that it should be posted so it may help someone on the future that may struggling with it.

Last edited:

Chaosy

Tutorial Reviewer
Level 40
Although I appreciate the effort to save others' trouble, I don't think this qualifies as a tutorial.

Using angles in spells and systems is also really common so there should be plenty of information to be found by just searching.

Again, great thought but I'll have to graveyard this.

The bright side is that when the search function is used graveyard stuff will still be found.

There is perhaps a case to be made for expanding this, perhaps a few examples of common angle-related triggers? If so, I am willing to give this another look.