• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] Ancients Wielding Weapons?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Simply put: I have a Random Arena where you can spawn as Ancients. I made the Ancients into units with hero inventories (all units have hero inventories) so they can use items. I also turned the Ancients to be classified as units instead of buildings. The inventory is working but it won't let them pick up items. It just says they can't do it.

Now, you can give items to towers. Like you can give a Guard Tower an Orb of Fire and it works! Regular units can use them too so why can't a building made unit use it? Any answers on how to fix this would be greatly appreciated.

Level 4
I don't understand what you are trying to do, can't you just change model of a random/hero unit into an ancient ?

I suppose but then I would have to give it uproot and etc. It's just supposed to be a random unit arena where you get random units from WC3. But you can use items, the night elf buildings won't pick them up for some reason.. etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.