• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

An attempt at editing models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... I am a newb/beginner and would appreciate it if anyone helped if they know how too and come across this.

I tried to edit the resurrect sfx model to grab the wings and helmet out of it, but it wont show up in-game as well I think I know the issue is the scaling and placement which I have no idea how to do. I basically put them as close to the X axis without going under it.

The reason I am attempting at doing this is because I want to learn how to do this at least, and not have to bug you guys for such simple tasks. I know making models is hard so I didn't wanna bother anyone.

:goblin_cry: but I can't figure it out as well I couldn't find a tutorial on attachments how to fit to villager or other units...

Attachments

• wings.mdl
    10.8 KB · Views: 35
  • angel helmet.mdl
    4.9 KB · Views: 39
Thank you, but I still don't get it. Will keep looking over it, and see if something failed in the materials or geosets.

EDIT: Sadly that told me nothing it seems. My two edits still don't work in-game after I removed all the un-needed textures and materials. That tutorial isn't for making attachments, but putting stuff on another model. Thanks anyways. I suppose I should just stick to using the same model twice. I should be able to figure this out, but I just can't.

Thank you, but I still don't get it. Will keep looking over it, and see if something failed in the materials or geosets.

EDIT: Sadly that told me nothing it seems. My two edits still don't work in-game after I removed all the un-needed textures and materials. That tutorial isn't for making attachments, but putting stuff on another model. Thanks anyways. I suppose I should just stick to using the same model twice. I should be able to figure this out, but I just can't.

Oh, you need to convert them to mdx before importing.

Status
Not open for further replies.