• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Making missile model. How do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 30
I am making an attachment model of a spear. I thought I could as well add birth- and death animations + add SFX to make it a missile?

So, what are the rules? I have never made a missile model before and would love to get to know how to do, using magos model editor :)

+rep for help, thank you

Level 30
thanks for your reply but im rather new to animating models so I dont know what to do really, I was playing around in magos, trying to find out how to do, so I made a copy of the stand animation and named it birth (changed the frames so they didn't override each other). Is that it for the borth anim or do I have to do something else?

Also in death animation I don't know how to make the material disappear :(
or is it something you do with the texture?

Level 30
I tried that but then there was something else :S
It only made one material invisible even tough I have assigned both the geoset to the main bone and used the geoset animation.

I also tried making a new bone, asigning one material to each bone and make them have the same geoset animation. After I tried making them have each geoset animation (copied the original).

It seems like im missing soemthing obvious but I just can't find it out :/

Level 49
There, I fixed it(And added a small rotating animation during stand, I will remove it if you don't like it, I just thought it might look kinda cool).
What I did was:

1) Take the bandit missile model, and convert it to MDL.
2) Take your spear mesh and add it on the bandit spear model via Vertex Modifier.
3) Remove the bandit spear mesh and attach the new mesh to the bone "Cone01" via Vertex Modifier,
3) Split the current model into two geosets("duplicate" the geoset) via Notepad.
4) Open whatever came out in Vertex Modifier - remove the spearhead on the first geoset, and remove the spear itself, leaving only the spearhead, on the second geoset via Vertex Modifier.
5) Open the outcome in Magos' Warcraft3 Model Editor, add the two textures - "Textures\CityStructures.blp" and "Textures\CampaignOrcaxe.blp" via the MPQ Browser utility in Magos' Model Editor.
6) Switch the current texture on the only material in the model to "Textures\CityStructures.blp" from "Textures\Bandit.blp" and create a new material, making it use "Textures\CampaignOrcaxe.blp" via Magos.
7) Switch the material on the spearhead geoset to the newly created "CampaignOrcaxe" material via Magos' Model Editor's "Geoset Manager" utility.
8) Create a new geoset animation with the same "Alpha" as the already existing one, and attach that new geoset animation to the spearhead geoset via Magos' Model Editor's "Geoset Animation Manager" utility.
9) Save the model as an ".MDX" file, open it in WarForger and make a small rotating animation in the middle of the "Stand" animation.

And that's it.

Attachments

• MithrilSpearMissile.mdx
    6.1 KB · Views: 103
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.