• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

An Archer RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Archer Avenger

The Plot
You are a young farmer on a ranch far from the nearby village, Melacno, when raiders from the nearby Stone Quarry pillage your farm. When they find out your lack of money, they threaten your parents, telling them that they know there is money somewhere. Your parents say that you have no money, the Bandits kill them. You watch in horror as they stab and club your parents. The killers leave with nothing, but leave something greater than they could have ever taken; a boy with a grudge. You swear that you will kill any who threaten the good.

The Items
There are few items in this map however, they are extremely useful.

Arrows:
Basic: The main arrow of your arsenal. This is weak, however cheap and easy to build.
Long Shot: A quick and powerful arrow, which flies a long distance before falling.
Fire Arrow: A flaming arrow ready to burn anything it touches.
Exploding Arrow: A powerful burst to your arsenal. A great amount damage and AOE, this arrow is meant to be used against groups.
Diamond-Tip Arrow: Rare except in the Mine, these arrows kill almost any enemy in a single blow.
Barbed Arrow: A powerful, but short ranged arrow, which sticks in the enemy, dealing heavy damage to an enemy,

There may be more types, but that’s all for now. Note that in the game, you can only have up to three types of arrows at a time.

Special Items
Dagger: A small melee weapon, which adds damage to your attack.
Sword: A large melee weapon that adds much damage to your attack.
Spellbook: A small item which has a spell written within. Gives your archer a new ability.

Enemies
The enemies range from Bandits to the Undead. For each enemy you kill, you get one Kill Point, which you can use to buy items.

The Farm
Giant Rat: A weak rat carrying a disease. Best not let it near you.
Corrupted Dog: A dog, which has been corrupted by the Dark Forest.
(Secret Monster) The Chicken: The most powerful of all of the chickens! He will kill us all!
(Secret Monster) Nightmare Sheep: A sheep from the underworld! (Thanks to Dan van Ohllus for model)

Dark Forest
Wolf: A wolf usually found in packs.
Giant Spider: A large spider that kills and eats anything that moves.
Corrupted Tree: "Walking death" as the travelers call it.
(Secret Monster) The Dragon: Hope that you do not find this beast. (Thanks to Mc ! for model)
(Boss) The Core: The Heart of the Dark Forest, this monster is very powerful.

The Country-Side
Bandit: A weak Bandit.
Dark Lord's Soldier: A strong soldier of the Dark Lord.
Dark Lord's Mercenary: A weaker soldier serving the Dark Lord.
Snake: A weak reptile rarely found near civilization. (Thanks to Domokun for model)
Raider: Stronger than a Bandit, they roam the country-side looking for treasure.

Lake Lizdel
Lizardman: The foot soldier of the Lizardmen. (Thanks to Cavman for model)
Crocodile Behemoth: A servant to the Lizardmen, this monster is a powerful addition to their armies. (Thanks to Mc ! for model)
Serpent Archer: A highly skilled Archer for the Lizardmen. (Thanks to SnaKy for model)
Naga: A powerful Naga soldier.
(Boss) Naga Queen: The ruler of the lake.

I'm planning on making more regions and monsters but thats all the monsters in the guide so far.

Regions
The Farm
The Country-Side
Dark Forest
Lake Lizdel
The Diamond Mine
Melanco
The Graveyard
Stone Quarry

I do need help with some of the triggers to make this map. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
1. Stackable items
2. Making monsters with items in mid-game
3. Item limit (3 types of arrows, 1 small item, 1 large item, 1 empty)
4. Split Shot

Any advice or suggestions will be welcomed.

Last edited:
Level 35
#1 I see, If I find one I will be sure to provide the model.

#2 Hmmmz, If you've seen the lord of the rings movies, the begining part were they are fighting for the freedom of middle earth on the slopes of mount doom and you see Elrond ordering his elves to fire their bows, Then you see the arrows fly past him and *thud* *thud* *thud* straight into the orc heads. That is what I mean by EPIC.

#3 I like elves..........DONT JUDGE ME...........ok you can judge me a little, BUT DONT JUDGE THE ELVES.

Level 5
Dude, Elenai you just gave me a cool animation idea... anyway

seems like a cool idea, but, will there be a melee auto attack as well as a ranged attack?

Level 5
The normal attack will be made as a melee (He carries a dagger). The spell will be where the archer shoots his bow. You see, the arrows will be counted as items - Therefore, they will use the spell animation when the arrows are used. Don't worry, the arrows will have a short cooldown so you don't have to wait 30 seconds in between shooting.

Map-wise, I've finished three of the regions' terrains. (They are quite detailed, especailly the Dragon Cove in the Dark Forest). I have all of the required models (except for the archer) downloaded and I have begun making the units. I still need help with the triggers though.

Elenai, I still don't completely understand the EPIC thing, but w/e. I don't think I'll have elves in this map. Maybe if I make a sequal, I'll add elves though.

Level 35
^_^ I would love elves in a sequel. Oh and I like the ammo arrows idea. I had a though similar a while back except it was how to make a unit with proper animations have a melee and ranged attack like the units on Dawn Of War.

Epic=really cool "arrows fly into battle the blood of the enemy flew also as they expelled from their backs as the mighty bolts shot through the skin, the muscle, the sinew, and cracked the bone in their volley. That kind of Epic.

Level 14
Elenai i am into the Epic stuff also , i like to complicate things . . .but maybe lord griff doesnt want to be a purple name map maker (aka Epic ^^ )

Level 5
Thank you for the model, but I need a specific one. Dagger auto-attack with a spell animation where he shoots an arrow.

You said that you can help with the triggers? Take a look at the very bottom of the first post. Those are the triggers I need help with. Split Shot isn't completely nessessary though. (If it includes JASS, then I probably won't be able to do it.)

Status
Not open for further replies.