• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] An ability that can target enemies and one kind of friendly unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 14
I'm finalizing one of the heroes for my campaign. She has three basic spells: holy light, bloodlust, and entangling roots. Her ultimate summons a crystal guardian (just a summoned unit).

Here's what I want: I want her to be able to cast all three of her basic abilities on the crystal guardian. Holy light and bloodlust are no problem of course. But entangling roots can't be cast on friendly units. I can change it in the data editor to target friendly units, but I'd rather not because then she'd be entangling all her allies when she misclicks an enemy.

MAIN QUESTION: Is there a way to make it so that entangling roots can be cast on enemies, one type of ally (a specific unit-type), but not other allies?

I tried using the ancient, suicidal, debris, decoration classifications (changing the spell to affect them, and changing the "targeted as" section of the crystal guardian). Those did not work.

I assume this isn't possible; but I thought I would check with all of you more knowledgeable people.

Status
Not open for further replies.