• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Amnesia

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 15
My friend gave me a copy of a game called Amnesia and told me to play it late at night in the dark. It scared the #$@% out of me. I've never had a single movie/video game scare me until I played this. I nearly crapped my pants on like five different occasions.

The design is amazing. The environment is dark, creepy, and eery. Every room I walked into I was certain I was going to die in. They all just had this scary death-like look to them.

I was wondering if anyone else had played this and might share what they thought about it.

Level 13
You are aware they are not real? I mean, a lot of what such media show does not even make sense.

Not just the media we make up all random shit that isn't real or doesn't make sense one being the boogie man who has scared many people not just children and he doesn't make sense at all.

Level 8
If you ever get scared to the point of it being unpleasant, think about how stupid and silly it is. Protip.

...like that torch made of bones.

My friend gave me a copy of a game called Amnesia and told me to play it late at night in the dark. It scared the #$@% out of me. I've never had a single movie/video game scare me until I played this. I nearly crapped my pants on like five different occasions.
I saw a review of it. They said it was really boring, and you just run away and try to hide from these things.
You are aware they are not real? I mean, a lot of what such media show does not even make sense.
Thank you, DSG, for enlightening us with this sacred knowledge :p

Level 31
Amnesia is probably the only enjoyable and genuinely scary game I've ever played, of the horror game genre.

It's weird though, from everyone I've talked to, there seems to be this strange little population of 10 to 15 year olds that are just wildly opposed to the game. I'm not quite sure why. Something to do with the fact that you don't have a weapon, or some such silly reason.

Regardless, I personally had a great time with the game. I think people either love it, hate it, or love to hate it. I actually hooked up my desktop to my tv screen and played with surround sound. Great fun. Ofc, you have to keep in mind the game is only fun if you play it in the dark, with the sound quite high.

Level 4
Over imaginative thoughstream + nightmare fuel + incapability of fighting back = Amnesia is a game I do not play. I've tried to watch others over the shoulder and I derive no fun, just over anxiety from playing, and alot of rage.

Level 30
images

The Trailer was good, and the graphics as well, I'll find this in stores for now

Ofc, you have to keep in mind the game is only fun if you play it in the dark, with the sound quite high.

I'd Rather Shit Bricks than following your idea :D

Level 27
images

The Trailer was good, and the graphics as well, I'll find this in stores for now

I'd Rather Shit Bricks than following your idea :D

I did that, it's a good expeirence. Until you're starting to feel cozy inside the eerie dark castle with all your zombie friends :) (Bit of a misquote there btw can't find the original)

I still find Dead Space to be more of a paranoid game... thus more "scary" for me

Level 22
The only game that actually managed to scare me was Left 4 Dead.

Well, that was until those damn Hunter calls went from goddamn terrifying to a dead giveaway.

After that, every horror game I've played, save for Doom hasn't managed to spook me during my first few playthroughs. I guess I'll have to try this out for myself.

You scared because of L4D? Oh my, that's totally child's game.

Level 9
anyone of u here ever played alone in the dark?
if anyone of you even thinking of playing that game i suggest dont
i just bought it yesterday i was dumb havent read the reviews
it the most shitty games ever made the gameplay mechanics is new but suck

u need to blink ur eye every sec or else you would die...

i shud had chosen amnesia instead zzz

Status
Not open for further replies.