• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ammo removal when hitting a point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello,
I've made a trigger that consumes ammo per attack and it works well with 0 second backswing point, but how can I implement the same mechanic for when a unit attacks ground?
1642618038158.png

Level 6
This is an old-school problem in mapmaking. There is no native event to detect a ground attack all by itself, people create workarounds but these are not perfect. Your best option here is to remove ground attack from these units while keeping their area damage by using 'missile splash'. There is other stuff you could do to mimic a true ground attack detection, but they could require reasonable effort and the results might not match exactly what you would like.

Level 4
This is an old-school problem in mapmaking. There is no native event to detect a ground attack all by itself, people create workarounds but these are not perfect. Your best option here is to remove ground attack from these units while keeping their area damage by using 'missile splash'. There is other stuff you could do to mimic a true ground attack detection, but they could require reasonable effort and the results might not match exactly what you would like.
yep, thats exactly what I did.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
A somewhat working solution I've seen people use is the Meat Wagon's Disease Cloud ability which spawns a Unit upon attack impact. I believe this is considered a Summon Event so you can use the Summoned unit/Summoning unit Event Responses. The Summoning unit would be the Meat Wagon. For the Unit that's spawned, make it a unique Dummy unit and give it really a short lifespan so it doesn't interfere with anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.