• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ammo System? {how to make it mana-based?}

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So I'm making a modern warfare map and I wanted an ammo system, here's what I had in mind, and tried: Units have 25 mana, it does not regenerate and must be refilled using ammo crates based off mana potions. Their regular attacks don't work and they can only fight using an automatic spell based off Searing Arrows which would deplete 1 mana everytime they hit an enemy unit, although here is where it goes wrong. If I take away their regular attacks, they can't use searing arrows, and if I leave the attack with no targets allowed, the unit can fight without the spell (Searing Arrows) nonetheless. Is there any ammo system simpler than this or how do I fix this? All help would be greatly appreciated.

Level 3
Ok, thank you! I'll check out your fog map, do I have your permission to copy the ammo trigger you have?

EDIT: I can seem to open your map so would you be so kind as to post a screenshot of that trigger? I'm new to mapmaking. Thank you so much.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.