• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

am not sure what category this is but i need help this ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
can someone help am new to this very very new and i was wondering if theres a way to make individual units with own sound and stats with attachments and it changes to that when you equip an attachment and how do you change sizes of units and stuff also how do you make ammo and clips

Level 13
Yes there is.

"individual units with own sound"
It's in the object editor under each units sound sets.

"stats with attachments and it changes to that when you equip an attachment"
Yes, use imports or ingame models and you can trigger it or use an ability that has that feature.

"how do you change sizes of units and stuff"
It's in the object and trigger editors. The trigger is under 'Animations' and in the object editor look under each unit for it's 'Scaling Value'

"also how do you make ammo and clips"
You would have to trigger it or you could use mana to create the system.

Level 2
no i mean when a units equips something like ones a flamethrower and the other is a regular gun how do i make them individual attack animations but with the same unit without changing like on resident evil survivor and i forgot to post on main thing how do you make a unit that cant attack untill its equips a gun or somthing

Level 6
i think it can be done with triggers such as
event: a unit (acquires an item)
condition: triggering unit (equals to) (your hero)
action: if (acquired item) equal to (flame thrower) than (add (flamethrower ability) to (triggering unit)) else (do nth)
if (acquired item) equal to (gun) than (add(gun ability) to (triggering unit)) else (do nth)

event: a unit (loses an item)
condition: triggering unit (equals to) (your hero)
action: if (losing item) equal to (gun) than (remove(gun ability) to (triggering unit)) else (do nth)
if (losing item) equal to (flamethrower) than (remove(flamethrower ability) to (triggering unit)) else (do nth)

the unit should not have any att at start: change it using the object editor

Status
Not open for further replies.