• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Alternative resources

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
First I'd like to say that I just registered here, though I've been actively (on and off) to custom designing Warcraft3:tft maps - which gives me great creative satisfaction! :D

Now I've started another project, which includes new ways of gathering resources. I don't know if it will used in the current planned way, but will great help nomatter how it ends up ^^

-------

QUESTION:

Now what I wanna do is... have a unit mine gold from any gold mine, like an acolyte... but I can't seem to get it to work! I was also wondering about auto-pickup abilities. Any advice? Like having a unit autopickup X in a radius whenever it drops..

Thanks!
Ask for more information on my project, and eventual joining in ^^

Level 9
but just base this acolyte type of recource gathering from the ability "gather gold (acolyte)"

with the pick up it would need triggering i would base it off the meat wagons auto pick up corpse ability
heres the trigger

event- unit- starts casting ability
condition- ability- is equale to pick up "corpse"
action- player-property add 10 to player 1(reds) corpse stockpile
corpse- destroy last "picked up" corpse

condition:just an example since you base it of corpes ability
action: also just an example but im not sure if it works i just kinda tried to remember if those triggers are there meaning i did it in my head not with the WE

Status
Not open for further replies.