• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alter missile (impact) art

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Gooday,

Can someone suggest what is the easiest way to alter a missle art to swap the impact art with an existing animation I already have?

Specifically, I want to change the impact explosion of Mortar Teams, seeing as there exists a lot of cool explosion animations out there. Similarly, I want to add some kind of explosion impact art to the Red Dragen missile attack.

How would you proceed? Your wisdom is greatly appreciated :)

Last edited:
Level 22
I think it will probably be easier to start from the explosion model if the explosion is complicated (In Magos, open the Node manager and you will easily see which model is the more complex).
Explosion models available usually have only a "Birth" animation, so first you will have to rename this sequence as "Death".
Then you will have to import the geoset from the missile and copy the particles/ribbons if any, and make all of that appear in a "Stand" animation.

Level 5
Thanks for your reply. However, I have so little spare time and energy these days to learn these things..
Do you or somebody else want to do this for me as paid work? What would you take to edit the following animations?

*Add an existing animation as impact animation to the Red Dragon attack
*Swap the existing impact animation of the mortar team attack with another existing animation.
*remove the "sheep"-sound from the Polymorph spell.

EDIT: I just realized that this should probably go to the Requests-forum

Status
Not open for further replies.