• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

alpha'n with Adobe PhotoShop cs ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I guess cs is a fancy term for 7.0+, i dont really know because I download it as a trial. Anyways, if anyone knows how to alpha with APS 7.0+ could you tell me..... Sure i could just read the help guide provided by the program, but that would just waste to much time : ) so could some one indugle my lazziness and tell me how to alpha with Photoshop CS (7.0+ ???) or Adobe Image Ready.... thanks all

peace

Level 2
NEVER MIND... i figured it out... I anyonw cares to know how, it is very simple:
1. use the lasso tool to select the region you wish to alpha.
2. Then, use the magic erase tool to remove the selection by simply clicking inside the selected area.
2.a you can get the magic eraser by holding down on the erase icon on the main toolbar.

Peace out all, I hope this helps someone as much as it will me.

Level 8
Ryan19 said:
NEVER MIND... i figured it out... I anyonw cares to know how, it is very simple:
1. use the lasso tool to select the region you wish to alpha.
2. Then, use the magic erase tool to remove the selection by simply clicking inside the selected area.
2.a you can get the magic eraser by holding down on the erase icon on the main toolbar.

Peace out all, I hope this helps someone as much as it will me.

ORRRRRRRR!! MY WAY!! :p :
I had problems with this one to, but I expiremented and found out how to! It's supposed to lasso what you want out and hit delete. Supposedly, all forms of deleting work, BUT! That doesn't work!!!!
The directions are!: Click the "Channels" tab. (beside the layer list)
Lasso what you wanna alpha edit out. (marquee works as well) then you have to click n the "Alpha 1" layer.
Now, with your stuff lassoed, set the Color % to "0%"
(Should be Black)
And paint over the stuff that you want to alpha over.
Your probably asking what the white does
That Alphas out team color. Put that over the spots that are black & white\gray. (the spots that were already in the alpha 1 layer) That removes TEAM COLOR.
So thats how to do it with PhotoShop.

Status
Not open for further replies.