• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Alpha Tile (Reforged)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
You can't as of right now :(

There is a trigger that hides all terrain though, but that will still make your tiles invisible so it's essentially useless from a terraining perspective unless you're making a very unique type of terrain.

Feels Bad Man

Thanks anyway

Level 4
To be fair though I only tried in the Beta, so feel free to try in the released version.

Convert the alpha tile from blp to dds and make sure to keep the alpha channel. Then import it into your map with a HD flag and overwrite the tile path.

So, i convert the Tile with "BLP Lab v0.5.0" and changed the Path to:

TerrainArt\LordearonSummer\Lords_DirtGrass.dds

I tried SD and HD, no changes. Wrong Path?

Level 4
I imported the alpha file 3 times,set hd and changed the path to this:

terrainart\lordaeronsummer\lords_rock_diffuse.dds
terrainart\lordaeronsummer\lords_rock_normal.dds
terrainart\lordaeronsummer\lords_rock_orm.dds

This is wrong.

I imported the alpha file 3 times,set hd and changed the path to this:

terrainart\lordaeronsummer\lords_rock_diffuse.dds
terrainart\lordaeronsummer\lords_rock_normal.dds
terrainart\lordaeronsummer\lords_rock_orm.dds

This is wrong.
I'm on my phone now so I can't see too well but from that screenshot it looks like it's working?

I need to run some tests tomorrow then. If they have fixed the alpha issues then that's great.

Level 4
I'm on my phone now so I can't see too well but from that screenshot it looks like it's working?

I need to run some tests tomorrow then. If they have fixed the alpha issues then that's great.

You can't see "under" the tile. The tree dissappear in the ground and I want to see the full tree.

Level 20
You're having the same issue I've been seeing and it's that the surface is just a reflection of the sky (which in of itself is also a neat trick). It most likely has to do with the ORM layer not being right because that's the one I least understand.

There must be a way to do this? They can`t remove something like this..
They can and they have. It works better now that you can actually see the skybox below. In the Beta it was just a plain white tile that looked horrendous. It's still useless in its current state though. If you want alpha tile I suggest you stick to classic AKA SD graphics...

Status
Not open for further replies.