• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alpha Textures

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Yet another question by me!

The alpha textures need to be black for them not to show up in Warcraft, yes? So is there a way to turn a white background into black using Photoshop?

Level 6
The background is white and I'm trying to figure out how to make it black so that it won't show up in the game. I would erase it all but it's kind of a complex image and would take a long time to do.

Level 12
To make a background transparent all you have to do is either make a new layer that is transparent and move it to be the background, or make a new image with a transparent background and copy the texture into that. Making the background black won't alpha it.

Are you using a .tga btw?

Level 6
Right now it's JPEG, but I can convert it to .tga relatively easily.

EDIT: Okay, my bad I'm an idiot. I think I figured it out, I had the images in .dds so I couldn't invert them. Thanks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.