• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

alpha and team colors?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
i thought alpha was making a part of the image invisible... i finally got it to work but instead of having no staff it was just a team colored staff how do i make it invisible if i can?

Level 17
m o d e l - e d i t

keks.gif

Level 6
Well, alphaing is very irritating because of team color. That's the most irritating thing there is. Team color is under the texture, so when you alpha the texture out, you only have the team color. Alphaing is very irritating. You should learn to delete model parts and do that.

Level 9
wtf are you talking about Cl ?
1. team colour is 'over' the texture.
2. you can REMOVE teamcolour

3. alphaing can be an essential part of using a models potential :)

4. this topic is about team glow, and not team colour ?

Level 8
umm... u guys are confusing... and
m o d e l - e d i t

wtf are u just stupid? im skinning not model editing, modeling is totally different and the only programs i know of asociated with warcraft (gmax/3dsmax) are the worst 3d modeling programs ive ever seen! theres to much stuff when u model edit so im skinning and a friend said u can alpha out weapons on the units skin... thats what im trying to do! like make a footman with no sword! if i did it the way i know he would just have a team colored sword and i need to know how to get the sword to not show AT ALL...
4. this topic is about team glow, and not team colour ?
no its about niether... its about alphaing (i guess if alpha is team colors... ive never actually seen someone alpha something though :? ) the way i see it... the whole 'alpha' is just a hoax... wheres sopho when u need 'em :wink:

Level 21
omg, what are you guys having trouble with here?
Team colours? Alpha? Corrupted alpha channels? How to Alpha? Deleting Alpha channels?

I don't get whats the hassle here.

If you want to know how to Alpha, we'd load up Alpha Channel 1 in your 32bit .tga skin. Then we'd edit it. Select the paint brush or spray brush and on the greyscale palette, choose pure black and go over the part which needs to be alpha'd.

To recover alpha channels, we'd do the same except to select pure white in the greyscale colour palette and go over the alpha'd part of the skin.

Remember, some skins cannot be alpha'd properly or alpha'd at all.

To repair corrupted alpha channels, you'd read my tutorial in the tutorial section on how to do that.

Deleting team colour is just easy. You can go to the object editor and change the Unit Tinting colour . If the team colour shows up weird, you'd need to delete the team colour by recovering the alpha'd team colour section of the unit.

All of this should be saved over Alpha Channel 1 and ignore the error message when your saving the skin that there is only 1 alpha channel to be saved. It should be saved umcompressed .tga and 32bits if possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.