• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Allocating multiple multi boards to local players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
I am hoping someone could assist me with a multi multiboard issue. I do not use JASS as of yet, and I have 5 different multiboards each designed to fit 5 different hero units. Although I need to find a way to allocate the appropriate multiboard to the player depending on which hero they would select at initialization...

I have reviewed the 'All about multiboards' tutorial... although it does not cover what I am looking for here...

Anyone shed some light?

Level 17
why need different multiboard for each hero? i see it useless, becaus eu can change the text like hero name etc

Here a demo map, i made in few minute, idk maybe usefull for u

Attachments

• multiboard demo map.w3x
    20.5 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Level 14
You could make a multiboard for each player and show them locally to that player.

This does mean that you need 2 lines of Jass script. However you can also use this in GUI and it's not that hard so don't worry.

To hide or show a multiboard to only 1 player locally you can use this:
  • Custom script: if (GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0)) then
  • Multiboard - Show Player1_Multiboard
  • Custom script: endif
Player(0) in jass is Player 1 since the index starts at 0 instead of 1 when working with Jass.
So Player(1) would be Player 2 and so on...

This way you can show a multiboard locally to each player. How you set up the multiboards per player is up to you ofcourse ;) It should be quite simple.

Also be advised that you can only show 1 multiboard at a time to a player. So if you want to show a different multiboard to that player, be sure to hide the previous one.
It's impossible to show multiple multiboards locally to a player simultaniously. This would cause a desynchronization.
You can however make for example chat commands which show a multiboard locally to a player.
And then when that player clicks on the minimize button the previous one will be displayed or they can be displayed by another chat command.
All you have to do then is store a variable that shows which multiboard was the previous multiboard that the player was viewing.

Use your imagination ^.^

Last edited:
Level 5
Thanks guy,

I really appreciate the attention... I wish I had some of your knowledge base here for mapping....:thumbs_up:

I found it rather frustrating when you have the option to show timer windows to any specific player so easily... and then multiboard programming becomes so complicated if you want each person to have a different one :eekani:

Unfortunately I have decided to go as simple as possible using a single multi board and readjusting texts as I need them, as Shadow implied above.

Kudos gentlemen (or ladies...)

Blood

Status
Not open for further replies.