• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Solved] alliance with conditions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Okay so I have been away from wc3 for a long time.
But a group of my friends I played with back in new mexico still want me to make maps (They occassionally send me facebook messages like "soo did you ever work on that map?" or "Hey you still making maps? We need some of your maps!")
Well I am back in the mood of map making, however while I was never truely an amazing script maker to begin with, I am far less so now.
So I've been replaying the first two valkyrie profile games.
anytime I play any game, see a beautiful landscape, hear a nice story, or anything else I think "WC3 world editor is calling me again..."
I have always wanted to make a hero based map,
though I never really completed any.
My skills rely on story driven content and custom melee maps.

So I thought to utilize all my skills and build something new.
so this map uses all 12 player slots
there are 4 groups of players
3 valkyrie (utilizing all three main valkyrie from the VP series)
each valkyrie has a second player that controls the einherjar (not required however makes the game much easier based on the valkyries unique combat style) Each valkyrie has a different win condition. (Hrist simply must kill the other two valkyrie permenantly (not as easy as you would think), Silmeria must keep all the empires and valkyrie alive while having odin killed in some way, Lunneth must have one empire destroyed (Dipan has the ability to get itself killed, though not an easy task, it is possible to either become the most powerful empire or get the crap kicked out of you.), and must permenantly kill both Hrist and Odin.)
then there are the empires (Honestly I wasn't going to add Flenceburge as a playable empire, and I was going to make Dipan an NPC)
There is Dipan and Flenceburge as mentioned above, there are also; Artolia, Gerebellum, Villnore and Crell Monferaigne.
Their win conditions are simply destroy all other empires (not including the need to kill Odin.)
So anyways you now have the basics of the game.

Now about alliances
originally I was just going to use your standard run of the mill typing -ally target
which makes players excluded from allying eachother easier to handle.

however I got to thinking...why not a more elaborate alliance system?
So I created an area, where each player (except the einherjar, since they are allies with whoever their valkyrie are) has a unit called alliance manager.
basically these guys each have two abilities and thats it.
They can ally or unally the target alliance manager.
(various empires research, and item abilities can change what can happen in the alliance manager, including gaining a unit that targets the enemy alliance manager sending all controled units to attack that player, killing a players alliance manager for a set amount of time, gaining the ability to ally someone you aren't supposed to ally, or gaining the ability to force alliances like a valkyrie (only it affects the valkyrie too))

So heres how the alliances are not allowed to work (save for the rule changing ability)
empires cannot ally eachother.
Dipan and Hrist cannot ally.
When a valkyrie allies a none valkyrie, it forces the empire to ally them back.

Now this is where I am having problems.

How on earth do I make all these effects happen?
Will I need to make multiple triggers?
so far as I can tell if I do use one trigger, that makes alot of and-multiple functions + or-multiple functions...
many stacked upon eachother it looks like.

this is what I started before I decided to come here and ask
  • ally
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ally
      • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Alliance manager
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Not equal to Player 2 (Blue)
          • (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Not equal to Player 4 (Purple)
          • (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Not equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
          • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
              • (Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to Player 2 (Blue)
              • (Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)
              • (Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to Player 5 (Yellow)
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) treat (Owner of (Casting unit)) as an Ally with shared vision
        • Else - Actions
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Not equal to Player 6 (Orange)
          • (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Not equal to Player 8 (Pink)
          • (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Not equal to Player 9 (Gray)
          • And - All (Conditions) are true
            • Conditions
                • Conditions
                • Conditions
        • Then - Actions
          • Player - Make (Owner of (Casting unit)) treat (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) as an Ally with shared vision
        • Else - Actions
to me that just looks rediculous. Not as in too much effort required, but as in, it doesn't look like that is how it should function.

currently I am thinking I need to break it down into multiple triggers in order to get the rule breaking effects to work properly.

also if anybody is a VP fan, and your wondering about the einherjar, my plan is as follows;
einherjar are scattered around the map, some require specific events to even be activated.(Brahms can't be gained by Hrist, he instantly becomes an enemy and attacks her. Lezard if killed before targeted by a valkyrie initiates an "alternate ending mode" which any player that is not defeated before the requirements are met is considered victorious. Normal victory conditions still apply) the einharjer can only control 3 characters at a time. Valkyrie have a power that marks a neutral passive hero, and when that hero dies he joins the team of einherjar of the valkyrie that last marked him. Einharjer players control which einharjer is active, and what they do, including the ability to leave the area around the valkyrie.

I apologize beforehand if this is a bulky message, or inconveniences you in anyway. However I do not apologize if it somehow kills you...because that simply can't be my fault, and if it is you probably deserved it and I feel no remorse. :goblin_yeah:

Edit:
then again I may be making this far more complicated than need be XD
  • ally take 2 empires
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Ally
      • (Unit-type of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Alliance manager
      • ((Owner of (Casting unit)) is in empires) Equal to True
    • Actions
        • If - Conditions
            • Conditions
              • ((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) is in empires) Equal to True
              • ((Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) Equal to Player 4 (Purple)) and ((Owner of (Casting unit)) Equal to Player 11 (Dark Green))
        • Then - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • Else - Actions
          • Player - Make (Owner of (Casting unit)) treat (Owner of (Target unit of ability being cast)) as an Ally with shared vision

Last edited:
Level 3
yeah you know what? I figured it out, I was trying to make it WAAAY more complicated than need be...now I feel stupid XD

feel free to delete, close, destroy, remove, explode, or in any way stop this topic from existing...because apparantly I had not actually thought this through....

Level 3
So then what is the do nothing part for? I have left it out of other maps because I noticed I didn't need it before, but this time I added it in.

Status
Not open for further replies.