• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Alliance Siege Tower

This bundle is marked as lacking. It fails to meet the standard requirements and may only have minor use.
Well, just took me a year :D

The aliance siege tower based on the battle for Azeroth cinematic and ingame model. It ended a tad different tho due not so much to engine limitations but a mix of personal taste and trying to fit into wc3 more. Uses ingame textures.

Changelog:
-Tiny stair Tweak.
Previews
Contents

Alliance Siege Tower (Model)

BTNAllianceSiegeTower (Icon)

Reviews
General Frank
The model need to disappear at the end of the death or decay animation. Please fix this issue and I can approve this model.
Level 19
Catapult on a siege tower?!
Funnily enough that's actually more practical than a catapult on wheels since the wheels would break when firing the thing.

Thats on blizzard, I ended cutting all the eight cannons on the side and adding the murderholes instead because I thought they were the silliest thing. You but these huge things one the side of the other and where do these cannons shoot? They also looked like they couldnt angle downards, so even if forced they would not defend the thing if it was flanked.

Level 10
Thats on blizzard, I ended cutting all the eight cannons on the side and adding the murderholes instead because I thought they were the silliest thing. You but these huge things one the side of the other and where do these cannons shoot? They also looked like they couldnt angle downards, so even if forced they would not defend the thing if it was flanked.

Very good job it's really spot on! However you should've kept the tiny cannons that are in the front and sides. Sad hear you took them out. Perhaps you could add a version with them as well? Also I recommend adding a second attack animation that shoots out of the main cannon.

Other than that, the only thing it's missing to be 100% accurate would be a forth set of wheels. The ingame tower has two sets of big wheels and two sets of tiny wheels between the big ones.

5/5 +rep

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
I absolutely love it. Not only because it's a fantastic, well-made model, but it's perfectly Warcraft-y & best of all, something we've needed for a looooong time. Seriously, why has no one made a Siege Tower!?

The only thing I could ask for would be an animation(s) associated with loading/unloading troops; perhaps something as simple as having some doors swing up from the sides and/or back, or something. I've always thought such an engine of war should be able to Garrison troops like a big Trojan Horse or somesuch. : )

Finally, I'd just say "feel free to make more". An Orcish one to face off would be neat, but I actually had a plan, long ago, to design a Siege Tower unit for my Naga race... I don't know if I still(/ever) will, but just imagine it: all roll-y & tall & spewing magic & coral-encrusted.... sigh. : )

Level 19
Other than that, the only thing it's missing to be 100% accurate would be a forth set of wheels. The ingame tower has two sets of big wheels and two sets of tiny wheels between the big ones.
Its not meant to be 100% accurate. i had version with the cannons (very early versions) and the four wheels. The four wheels end clustered together and small, the cannosn was an aesthetic choice. But meh, maybe.

I absolutely love it. Not only because it's a fantastic, well-made model, but it's perfectly Warcraft-y & best of all, something we've needed for a looooong time. Seriously, why has no one made a Siege Tower!?

There is a common siege tower! Somewhere. I remenber it.

The only thing I could ask for would be an animation(s) associated with loading/unloading troops; perhaps something as simple as having some doors swing up from the sides and/or back, or something. I've always thought such an engine of war should be able to Garrison troops like a big Trojan Horse or somesuch. : )
Uh, but I wonder how to do it, I mean the animation is easy, is just a door moving and stuff. But them what names it would have? Also when its idle theres one of those building training lights comming off to make it easy to see that the doors are actually open (the doors are tiny). I like to make the models function as best as possible in wc3.

nice just what I needed.

question...will you make the Horde one??

nice model, now horde model xD

Finally, I'd just say "feel free to make more". An Orcish one to face off would be neat, but I actually had a plan, long ago, to design a Siege Tower unit for my Naga race... I don't know if I still(/ever) will, but just imagine it: all roll-y & tall & spewing magic & coral-encrusted.... sigh. : )

I might make more :v
With a interval between them tho, they arent hard for me now after doign the animation brakthru but wheels are annoyign to animate. Also Im trying to shuffle my model making all around, from some gamey stuff to fill gaps here and there to warcrafty, maybe some wargames.

Looks like a model rip to me from the cinematic 5/5

Wat, is that a meme now?

Last edited:

Kyrbi0

Arena Moderator
Level 44
Uh, but I wonder how to do it, I mean the animation is easy, is just a door moving and stuff. But them what names it would have? Also when its idle theres one of those building training lights comming off to make it easy to see that the doors are actually open (the doors are tiny).
Well I mean, I'm not the modeler... But I figure just a simple "door flaps opening up on all sides", maybe a little shake, maybe some lights flashing.

As for what to call it? Doesn't really matter as long as it fits the game; I'd suggest "Spell Slam" or just "Spell", since you've already used "Spell Throw". Heck, if you go with "Spell Slam Channel" (I think that's how it goes?) it can be made to loop for a channeling variant of the spell concept.

infrenus said:
I might make more :v
Heck yeah.

infrenus said:
I like to make the models function as best as possible in wc3.
One of my favorite things about your work. : )

Level 6
Awesome work! Very well done, it fits perfectly into war3. :D
I'm using it right now!

Edit: NOTE FOR THE AUTHOR:

Dude pls fix the health bar height. It's almost on the floor. Thanks!!

Last edited: