• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

All WC3 Model Makers Please Read

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Well, i have used all of those models you mentioned, and many others others. Now for the tips:
Basically any vehicle owns infantry, but massing infantry against a vehicle makes the vehicle lose.
The american tanks are better than the chinese ones, except the (non-existent lol) Overlord Tank.
-If you want to kill tanks easily, i suggest bunkers or laser turrets.
-If you want to kill infantry, patriot missiles and gatling cannons are best.
-If you want to kill super weapons, use a mix of available defences.
-TOMCATS for some odd reason, do better than what i have made them able to do, and marines are good at killing any ground unit.
-Do not make too many bombers, or attack aircraft. You want to balance out the ratio a bit, like Attack:Bomber 3:1
-Houses are your main source of income, providing 2000 every 60 seconds, and cost 5 power and 8000.
[][]Note:These statistics may change once Faction works on the map[][]

Level 5
Sounds very complicated. If I were you, I'd make tanks have splash damage. That way you can't just overrun tanks with mass infantry. Use armored transports with a orc burrow style ability to give them a powerful and fat anti-tank attack.

Airplanes should own any ground armored units, and dedicated AA (SAMs SPAAGs) should own air. That's a pretty basic and realistic outline. Then artillery would be a support unit (force-multiplier like it is in real life) that simple does long-range AoE damage, or something of the sort. Just make sure nothing can be solo spammed (or for example 2-unit mix spam).

Level 9
hmmmm i see, ill do that, and happy tauren, when i said losers, i WASN'T talking about the Moderators, so know what your actually talking about before you post

EDIT: i played you WWz feanor, and i must say, its very good. it just motivated me to work on my map more.

please dont call me noob, but how do i pos rep you for inspiring me? i always give zero rep addition for some reason

Level 5
hmmmm i see, ill do that, and happy tauren, when i said losers, i WASN'T talking about the Moderators, so know what your actually talking about before you post

EDIT: i played you WWz feanor, and i must say, its very good. it just motivated me to work on my map more.

please dont call me noob, but how do i pos rep you for inspiring me? i always give zero rep addition for some reason

Thank you for the compliment. If you enjoyed the map, you might consider checking out the WWZ forum at pollama.com Also consider doing some research on real life weapons, and how they work. Understanding the delicate balance or real life military is what inspired me to add much of what I added to WWZ.

Also consider this: every unit needs a purpose. Thus if any units in the game are currently useless (i.e. you generally have no reason to use them) I suggest taking them out. Then once you're left with only what's needed, you can then see what's missing, and start to add. If I were you, I'd consider putting in a request for a Su-30MK Super Flanker. China has purchased 48 of them from Russia recently, and they represent the best of the Chinese airforce.

Level 9
yea i know, ive done reasearch, but really all the models i need, is any MiG model,(one of your threads has Kofi-Banan making it) a sattelite model, U2 model, and the SU-30 model.

EDIT: okay this is REALLY ticking me off!!!!!!!!!! i just got more neg rep, because i supposily called Admis and Mods losers. As i clearly stated, i did not say losers in place of moderators. wtf.wtf.and wtf.im beginning to believe the mods are abusing their power, giving me neg rep for any opputunity they have.

Last edited:
Level 9
omg happy, just drop the damn subject already. i talked to a mod about it, and got things resolved and understood.

back on topic: Enigma742 (thats his wc3 name) is making me models for my ww3 map, because he enjoys it, and has made up some cool ideas. now, a moderator can close this thread, or somply move it/rename it or w/e to keep this a discussion thread about anything. i will let you know when this thread will not be used by me anymore, then a mod can do so.

Level 6
You mean from the movie Starship Troopers? you know with the big bug like alien type creatures that suck your brains out? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.