• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

All My triggers disabled themselves and a window came up saying 4217 compile errors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I really have no idea what I did that could cause all this :-\
Whenever i try to re-enable a trigger, the window listing all 4217 errors comes up again. I find it really weird that most of the errors it finds are on lines with numbers in the 1000s, yet none of these triggers i have have more than 200 lines, if any even have that many. If I upload my map here, can someone look at the triggers to find out what this craziness is? Or is there a simpler way (I've exported the triggers to a .wtg file if thats easier)? God I hate random catastrophic errors like this.

I really have no idea what I did that could cause all this :-\
Whenever i try to re-enable a trigger, the window listing all 4217 errors comes up again. I find it really weird that most of the errors it finds are on lines with numbers in the 1000s, yet none of these triggers i have have more than 200 lines, if any even have that many. If I upload my map here, can someone look at the triggers to find out what this craziness is? Or is there a simpler way (I've exported the triggers to a .wtg file if thats easier)? God I hate random catastrophic errors like this.

its 1000's because it is the list of all scripts in the map... so for example if you have 5 200 lined triggers then it will total to 1000 lines...

upload the map...

Level 2
Make sure you use the latest JNGP. (Maybe your script is in the headfile, click on the map name in trigger section. If there is a script, this will cause your map to report errors)
Do I need JNGP? I've only used GUI except to remove leaks...
Attach the map.
Oh yeah, I was gonna do that... If only I knew how :huh: Oo, maybe if I use this manage attachments button... Yup, seems to have worked.

By the way, I've just thought about it, and I have a Version Switcher that I've been using recently since half the maps I have on my computer only seem to work when I've switched back to v1.22, but I didn't think it would affect the editor since I still cant open the v1.22 maps in the editor even after version switching. I haven't used any versions other than 1.24e and 1.22 though, so problems that would involve any other versions arent important.

UPDATE: Whoah, I just opened the map and suddenly my triggers are allowing me to enable them again, with none of the errors I've been having...So it seems to have just fixed itself for about as much reason as it broke itself in the first place... :huh:

EDIT Again:
its 1000's because it is the list of all scripts in the map... so for example if you have 5 200 lined triggers then it will total to 1000 lines...
Thing is, if you look, i think only one trigger got anywhere near 200 lines, and it was in the upper 9000s for line #s, and even given that I have around 30 triggers, most are pretty short. Either way, moot now that the damn things seem to have fixed themselves...

Attachments

• InuyashaRPG.w3x
    481.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
I enabled all triggers and all worked fine -.^?

Btw:

Your if then else functions are really bad!
Use this instead:
  • Info Jakken
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Info Jakken <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 999999.00 seconds the text: Jakken - The ruler ...
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 2 (Blue) for 999999.00 seconds the text: Jakken - The ruler ...
Now this is easy to fix or edit!
Also add this small if then else function to your hero selection trigger!
  • Select Kagome
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Select Kagome <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Trigger - Turn off Info Kagome <gen>
      • Trigger - Turn off (This trigger)
      • Unit - Kill (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Change ownership of Kagome 0035 <gen> to (Owner of (Triggering unit)) and Change color
      • Set TempPoint = (Random point in Character Select <gen>)
      • Unit - Move Kagome 0035 <gen> instantly to TempPoint
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of units in (Units owned by (Owner of (Triggering unit)) matching (((Matching unit) is A Hero) Equal to True))) Equal to 2
        • Then - Actions
          • Camera - Pan camera for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) to TempPoint over 0.00 seconds
        • Else - Actions
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_TempPoint)
      • Unit - Make Kagome 0035 <gen> Vulnerable
It will move camera to heroes when you pick 2 of them!

Level 2
I enabled all triggers and all worked fine -.^?
*points to the teeny tiny section of his last post that mentions that*
Yeah, so did I, and I have no idea why it fixed itself either...
Btw:

Your if then else functions are really bad!
Use this instead:
  • Info Jakken
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit enters Info Jakken <gen>
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Cinematic - Clear the screen of text messages for (Player group((Owner of (Triggering unit))))
        • If - Conditions
          • (Owner of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Player 1 (Red)
        • Then - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 1 (Red) for 999999.00 seconds the text: Jakken - The ruler ...
        • Else - Actions
          • Game - Display to Player Group - Player 2 (Blue) for 999999.00 seconds the text: Jakken - The ruler ...
Now this is easy to fix or edit!
Yeah, I hated making them, and just after finishing them I realized that I could have done it better with something along those lines, but since I only halfway plan on finishing the map I figured no one would ever see my terrible triggers and so I shouldn't bother taking the time to rip apart all that work and replace it. Anyway, its now almost 6 am where I am, and I need sleep. I had some question I wanted to make a thread about, but every time I open the internet I forget what the question was, probably because I've stayed up so long. I might post about it tomorrow, if I remember.

EDIT: Btw, that's a great idea to clear the screen at the start of each info thing; I was wondering how I could make it not flood the whole screen with text to check all the people out...

Oh and on another note, I remember now, I decided not to change the triggers to the nice stuff you have because if I do ever release this map, I plan on switching it to 4 players, and so when i first finish the map and its just for my solo enjoyment (or for inviting a friend to play it with me) I can leave the triggers terrible, and i can fix the terribleness if/when i release the full thing for actual people to play.

EDIT Again: That's a nice way to get that done, thanks again Kobas :)
I must spread reputation around before giving to -Kobas- again :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.