• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Airplane! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Airplane made with doodads

How to improve this?

Version 3. (With cockpit)

attachment.php

Please give suggestions on how to improve it and well... comment :)

Attachments

• airplane.jpg
    airplane.jpg
    291.8 KB · Views: 415
  • airplane3.jpg
    airplane3.jpg
    389 KB · Views: 289
  • Airplane with cockpit.jpg
    Airplane with cockpit.jpg
    412.7 KB · Views: 515
Last edited:
Level 11
Not really. It's not as complicated as it looks. The side wings could be a bit tricky to make, but you pulled it off pretty well. Best you can do is make a more complicated design, use more non-standard unique models that look better, make more fine details and curves and finish the cockpit area. More details such as a view of mountains, sun or a background would make the whole terrain look better, too.

Level 2
Why u put these turbines all on the short wings?
On the big wings the may fit better...

Not really. It's not as complicated as it looks. The side wings could be a bit tricky to make, but you pulled it off pretty well. Best you can do is make a more complicated design, use more non-standard unique models that look better, make more fine details and curves and finish the cockpit area. More details such as a view of mountains, sun or a background would make the whole terrain look better, too.

That wouldn't be very realistic. I've been in airplanes about 10 times now and as far as i know you can barely see the top of the mountains duo to the fog. But, if its a private airplane (they cant go very high up) then you could make what Nbah said, but this looks like a public airplane to me (Still you can make a weak sun behind the fog).

Level 8
That wouldn't be very realistic. I've been in airplanes about 10 times now and as far as i know you can barely see the top of the mountains duo to the fog. But, if its a private airplane (they cant go very high up) then you could make what Nbah said, but this looks like a public airplane to me (Still you can make a weak sun behind the fog).

I beg to differ, if the day is really clear you can see verry far. I was flying to Alaska and the view of all the mountains was great for hundreds of miles.

Also, if you want some clouds, go to my resources and look at the nebula cloud. It's nice for space terrains, but I also use it for clouds in the air too.

Status
Not open for further replies.