• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Air Waves by Jozz

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Reactions: deepstrasz
Hi everyone, this will be my first upload on THW.
I made this icon to represent a bouncing wind attack for a passive ability of a Demon Hero using the power of wind I was working on. but it could also be used as some sort of link.

Credits are highly appreciated, gotta get my name on SOMETHING alright
Previews
Contents

Air Waves by Jozz (Icon)

I think you can do better than that.
Looks too sketchy in the actual state.
There is a lot of unused space, it lacks shading and color variation.
Those figures are almost invisible in the small icon.
The effect seems too randomly drawn.
I suggest you to re-work the effect, with more accurate shapes and perspective.
Make the figures stand out more, try to zoom it in a bit or use a suitable background, add some colors to kill the monotony.
Try to put some more effort in your icons. All of your icons need better definition and shading(highlights & shadows).
I recommend you to read a few tutorials(2D Art Tutorials):
How to Make an Icon
General Icon Process Tutorial
Basic Icons Tutorial
NFWar's Tutorials
Basic Icon Guide

Level 6
Thanks for the feedback! It's actually been some years since I made this (doesn't mean I've improved much) but like you said, I think I can do better.
I don't have an amazingly lot of experience or skill in the design area but I'd like to improve so I'll take you up on the tutorial offers and maybe you'll see me rolling down THW with a new icon soon