• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] AI Pinging Map Trigger

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hello, I'm trying to write a trigger that displays a text tutorial (Which i've gotten working) but i'm having issues getting the (AI Teammate) to ping locations on the map described by the tutorial. Does anyone know how you'd trigger this? Rather new to Wedit i'm trying to make a map similar to Northrend Bound and want the new player experience to be as easy as possible.

Uncle

Warcraft Moderator
Level 64
You don't have to make the AI ping locations, you can just ping the minimap through triggers.
  • Actions
    • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of (Playable map area)) for 1.00 seconds
    • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of (Playable map area)) for 1.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)

Use the Search For Text feature to find things like this. All I had to do was type "ping" and these actions showed up. Note that the search is very strict so try to limit your search to one keyword. Also, sometimes Blizzard refers to things differently than you might expect.

Level 3
You don't have to make the AI ping locations, you can just ping the minimap through triggers.
  • Actions
    • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of (Playable map area)) for 1.00 seconds
    • Cinematic - Ping minimap for (All players) at (Center of (Playable map area)) for 1.00 seconds, using a Simple ping of color (100.00%, 100.00%, 100.00%)

Use the Search For Text feature to find things like this. All I had to do was type "ping" and these actions showed up. Note that the search is very strict so try to limit your search to one keyword. Also, sometimes Blizzard refers to things differently than you might expect.

Thankyou very much!
I was looking in the completely wrong location thinking it had to be a (Player) or (AI) that pinged map.

Status
Not open for further replies.