• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Expansion Town not working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
Hi folks,

I was messing with the AI editor for a custom melee ai. And I have set the Base Building to the appropriate town hall. But when I set 'Expansion Town' in the build order list (under the third tab in the AI editor), the AI does not expand (/does not build the expansion). But instead gets stuck in building towers for some reason (the same tower again and again, turtling style :grin:).

The AI has enough resources, has enough workers and has enough space.

In the Object editor, the town hall itself has the 'town hall' unit classification and AI placement type 'hall'. The AI can build the town hall itself (double checked this one). I have also updated the object data in the AI editor with the latest from the map.

Anyone an idea? Any help is appreciated! :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 3
[K40$]-Spectre;2312770 said:
I was messing with the AI editor for a custom melee ai. And I have set the Base Building to the appropriate town hall. But when I set 'Expansion Town' in the build order list (under the third tab in the AI editor), the AI does not expand (/does not build the expansion). But instead gets stuck in building towers for some reason (the same tower again and again, turtling style :grin:).
^
This. Encountered same when i have attempted a customized Gruntmaster as simple replacement for the now defunct default ai in my mod. The only difference causing that is: Have added a Goblin Labor(new custom building) that must be built as prequisite for Tier3 main building,AI is told to get 2. expansion after upgrading but proceeds with spamming pig farms(because its changed from Burrow) and guard towers next to each other at main base. However gets the 1. expansion after upgrading mainbuilding to Tier 2 as told,wondering whats confusing the artificial (back-)intelligence.

Level 6
You need to use conditions:

Use Integrer condition __ How many main building you have / for example if is expansion 2 , set the number 2.

And Use Mine(2) Never use Expansion(2) Or it will cause a infinite loop like with your tower problem.

IN case you use Build-Expansion order Add a condition again integrer with the max amount of buildings you can have of that type. LIKE::

number of Towers less or equal to 5 ---- That means the AI will build a mx of 6 towers... ect

Level 2
AI editor has it's own "AI"

The AI editor is cheesy and very emotional. It has its own opinions on things and unless you follow them it will not cooperate.

LOL

Well that's true! The most irritating thing is when you import a WC3Object list with custom Heroes/Spells, the AI Heros Tab get's completely messy.

Anyway, which Race are you working on the AI editor?? When this kind of problems happen with your modified race, usually puting on "Custom Race" at the first tab will correct it. Or simply erase and write again :s (THIS REALLY WORKS LOL)

Level 17
I set it to custom at the beginning. But biggest problem (next to that the AI editor is half-assed) was that I did not had added conditions for creating the expansion and it's towers.

I never actually tried custom heroes in the AI editor (never have them in custom melee). You can do the abilities through triggers too by the way without too much hassle.

Status
Not open for further replies.