• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI crashes system

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't make the AI work. Its a really simple AI too. It only builds structures and upgrades. It crashes as soon as it runs. Part of the problem may be that I have an AoS system running as well. I tried just placing a hero that gets chosen for the comp player rather than training it, but that didn't work either. The problem may not be in this trigger. I have tried it a few different ways, so there is no reason to think that its this specific trigger that is the problem.

• AI Editor style
    • Events
      • Time - Every 2.00 seconds of game time
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 1 (Red) controller) Equal to User
        • Then - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of Resurrection Stone 0083 <gen> to Neutral Passive and Change color
          • Unit - Change ownership of Guard Tower 0008 <gen> to Player 4 (Purple) and Change color
          • AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\AoS Wood Elves.ai
          • Unit - Order Resurrection Stone 0082 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Warden
        • Else - Actions
          • Unit - Change ownership of Resurrection Stone 0082 <gen> to Neutral Passive and Change color
          • Unit - Change ownership of Ancient Protector 0092 <gen> to Player 3 (Teal) and Change color
          • AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 1 (Red): Lordaeron.ai
          • Unit - Order Resurrection Stone 0083 <gen> to train/upgrade to a Adjudicator
So here's an overview of all of the systems. Each team has 2 players. One is a comp, that owns the AoS spawlings. I have a hero selection system which works fine on its own and with my triggered AI. My triggered AI is not bad-ass enough so I want an editor made AI. The user player can build structures and when the structure is complete the AoS system begins spawning the corresponding unit. e.g. Barracks = footman. The editor AI has a simple build order:
AI_zps53c1b575.jpg

So, mate, how the crash happened? Game error?
I think replace the Event from Every 2 Second to Elapsed Game time equal to 2 second.

That's how i had it originally. But then it didn't fire at all because the trigger is turned on only after hero selection and by then the game time has already past.

I can try getting rid of the event altogether and using "run trigger" in the map initiation trigger. However, in my 1st attempt, I placed the AI trigger right in the map int. trigger and that crashed too. And yes, its a game error, not a fatal error. It says something about memory missing. I can take a screenshot of the error message if that helps.

Wrda

Spell Reviewer
Level 25
Try to split things, remove the AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 1 (Red): Lordaeron.ai and AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\AoS Wood Elves.ai. If it still crashes, then the problem isn't the AIs

Try to split things, remove the AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 1 (Red): Lordaeron.ai and AI - Start campaign AI script for Player 2 (Blue): war3mapImported\AoS Wood Elves.ai. If it still crashes, then the problem isn't the AIs

For some reason, the woodelf.ai does not crash the system, its only the lordaeron.ai. But neither effectively order the workers to build anything.

Status
Not open for further replies.