• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

AI buggin' out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
The problem is that some units aren't using ANY abilities or any tactics whatsoever. Player 2 (the enemy) uses abilities fine, but any player after that is absolutely useless. I enabled "Melee Game - run AI" just to see if that'd fix it, but still nothing. Also, I have 4 players enabled on the Player Properties tab.

Any triggers or ways to fix this? I dont need an extensive AI, I can use triggers for that, but I do need them to use abilities correctly.

Level 3
- Check
- Check

AI is still funky as hell. I did manage to fix some of the problem by messing around with some buttons, but the players are on a different level. I can match up five player-2 mages against 5 player-3 mages and the player 2 mages always win, they use the abilities more often AND they understand how to focus fire down targets. So I'm still not sure wtf is up with the AI

Also, your link leads me back to the main forums in Hive.

Level 3
Thanks, I appreciate the link. But again, it's not necessarily that they aren't using super special custom spells, alot of the time they just refuse to use normal spells like Chain Lightning

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
I think it might be because player 2 is always a computer when you test a map but players 3+ are not defined. Try testing from the actual custom game lobby inside WarCraft III after setting all slots to AI or try forcing all slots as AI using the fixed starting position flag.

Level 3
Everything is working fine now, not exactly sure what I did but I scrambled through all sorts of options to allow the AI to work "decently" while just testing, the AI works just fine when it's a real game

Status
Not open for further replies.