• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

AI problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Computer players in my map are using some abilities automaticaly, such as Holy Light, Healing Wave, etc
But i don't want computer players to use any ability without a triggered order
how do i disable AI using abilities automaticaly?

I've already heard of a 'Disable AI', but i don't know how to do that

Level 3
but the ability is not in that default active ability list, if you're not understandign what i'm trying to say, try playing a melee wc3 map with computers, you'll see computer players use some abilities that are not in the dafault active ability list, like Holy Light, Healing Wave, Storm Bolt, Thunder Clap (when more than 3 units are in range) andso on.

Level 3
I do want the computer player, but i do not want it do do any action without my triggers order

Well what I did to solve that is remove the skill in object editor then

• Ramza
    • Events
    • Actions
      • Hero - Learn skill for First Guardian 0017 <gen>: Orc Blademaster - Mirror Image
      • Wait 0.01 seconds
      • Cinematic - Send transmission to (All players) from First Guardian 0017 <gen> named Ramza The Blade: Play No sound and display Trouble fighting 1?.... Modify duration: Add 2.00 seconds and Don't wait
      • Unit - Order First Guardian 0017 <gen> to Orc Blademaster - Mirror Image
So he learns it just at the event and bam he will use it :)

Level 3
Hmm i don't think that's what i'm looking for, the computer player does what my triggers ask him to do, but, he also do things my triggers do not ask him to.
If you're not understanding what i'm trying to say, please download my map and try playing it with BOTs, you'll see it alot more clearly when a computer controled druid uses rejuvenation on a nearby injuried unit without receiving an order to do that, that also happens to shamans' healing wave and priest's holy light, it also happens with more abilities, but those are the ones that bothers the most

Level 10
I noticed this on a map I've been working on too. It seems that when one of my computer controlled units gets attacked by any means, they automatically use any abilities they have that aren't based on Channel to defend themselves.

However, I have only been working to improve it, to add better defense AI, not disable it completely.

My suggestion is to go into the AI editor and try setting an AI script that doesn't respond to anything, and binding that to the computer players.

Status
Not open for further replies.