• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Age of War 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Age of War 3

Main Info

Age of War 3 is the official sequel to Age of War 2
This map is very similar to those people who have played historical real time strategy games,
in particular the age of empires series.
There are four ages in this map where you can advance through.
You can command a lot different civilizations during this period of time.
Includes 300 food battles, naval warfare, and nuclear weapons.
Over 100 different unit types at your command.
Map has AI and many game modes and an in-game alliance system.

The Ages

Pre-WW1 (1900AD-1914AD)
WW1 (1914AD-1925AD)
WW2 (1925AD-1945AD)
Post-WW2 (1945AD-2000AD)
*Ages are not an accurate and are not meant to be.

The Factions

Capitalist
Capitalists excell in air units.

Communist
Communists have cheap and effective units.

Fascist
Fascists are always ahead in technology over everyone else, yet their units are expensive.

Imperialist
Imperialists have good infantry, air, and decent ships. Their weakness is their armored vehicles.

Credits

Em!
NFWar
xRiotZx
Mechanical Man
3rgytr54
skrab
epsilon
Zombie
The_Silent
Huinipachutli
Hemske
Ket
Cavman
Talon the Mage

Official Multiplayer Channels

Battle.net: US EAST: Channel: aow3
Garena: WC3 TFT: Canada Room

Screenshots

aow3.jpg
aow3test.jpg

Download Alpha 1.0

Change Log

Age 1 Demo Version Released

Attachments

• Age of War 3 1.0 Alpha.w3x
    2.3 MB · Views: 523
Last edited:
Level 11
Tried it for a couple of minutes, not much to comment other than good choice units and imports, you can always improve your terrain. We already know what you can do for Age of War so all we need to do is to wait till the beta or final release. Good luck on it.

Keep in mind that this is an alpha release and everything is subject to change.
At this moment you might recognize a lot from the original AoW2.

Level 11
nice! "nuclear weapons" i wish this isn't going to end how i think it's going to end xD

Yes there will be nukes in the last age which you get from a nuclear silo. They will have very a cooldown and will be limited to 1.

I will post Alpha builds more often for the people in this thread to provide feedback since I want AoW3 to be more original.

Some new things you are going to be able to do in the next build is to capture neutral civilian buildings and garrison your infantry in them. Also capturing the hospital in the middle of the map will give your infantry a global health regeneration boost.

In the later ages you will be able to build a tactical command which is a building that houses powerful abilities to be activated for the cost of currency and oil. You will have access to many abilities like paratrooper drops which drops an infantry squad right where you want. There will also be tank drops, radar scans, artillery barrages, air strikes, etc.

Factions will be more unique than the ones in AoW2. Factions will have more unique units and will have unique technologies and buildings.

Level 9
I haven't played this game (or the other versions), but I see it is great!

I know it is alpha, and I see things that shouldn't be:

Not enough Lumber. It's not lumber right?
Outpost can chop trees. While being idle, I can use the outpost to clear trees. Is that really part of the game?
I have no idea what Reinforce does.
If you attack a tree, they seem to like my outpost as a gold mine.
(I found out it was a rare bug.)
Also, they do not join my assault at the poor tree.
(look at my attachment below [Replay])

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Another thing. Should it be Alpha 1, Instead of Beta 1?

Attachments

• Bug.w3g
    48.4 KB · Views: 110
Level 11
I haven't played this game (or the other versions), but I see it is great!

I know it is alpha, and I see things that shouldn't be:

Not enough Lumber. It's not lumber right?
Outpost can chop trees. While being idle, I can use the outpost to clear trees. Is that really part of the game?
I have no idea what Reinforce does.
If you attack a tree, they seem to like my outpost as a gold mine.
(I found out it was a rare bug.)
Also, they do not join my assault at the poor tree.
(look at my attachment below [Replay])

EDIT: Oh, yeah. Another thing. Should it be Alpha 1, Instead of Beta 1?

Trees are destructibles and cannot provide resources.

Reinforce must be used on an idle barracks when a squad has less than its full amount of troops. If you have a $200 squad of 4 units and only 1 is left, reinforcing from the barracks will take $150 and give you 3 units back.

Squad members can not attack debris atm, it will be fixed in the future.

If you didn't play AoW2 you should do so already, its a really good map and has AI.

Level 18
Nukes must have this characteristics:

be launched by a dude like in sc, and if he dies the nukes gets cancelled (it must also warn your oponent).

not be able to be spammed and require last age.

Because normally people end up spamming them xD (rise of civilizations? eras zombie invasion U?)

Level 4
Well, this is one of the maps I've been waiting to release, since I really like games and maps about WWII.

Especially when it comes to strategy games.

Hope you'll continue it soon.

Level 3
Capitalists and Communists should specialize in abusively strong economies.

While Capitalists boast more expensive but better units, and Communists boast cheap and hapless units.

I think only capitalists should be in stronger economy instead of having advantage in air units which makes no sense.
-Capitalists should have more ammounts of money to make armies.
-Communists are fine how they should be, weaker economy backed by cheaper and numerous armies.
If you want to make it historically accurate, capitalists shouldn't have better units, just more money.

Also how about dividing the ideologies in specific countries to give more options and playstyles in the map

Status
Not open for further replies.